15 replies to this topic

#1 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

How do you all think Camo looks on an AR-15? I think this looks great - but I don't know if it'd wear on me. I did buy that camo Glock G27 and I still love it. Get lots of comments on it, etc. But I've never considered a Camo AR.Posted ImageI suppose it wouldn't look so much like a "black rifle" in these clothes when I'm out squirrel plinking with it. What do you all think?

#2 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:56 AM

Sheldon I love the AR dressed in camo.I've never been a big fan of the AR but since they are making them geared more toward the hunter these days I'm starting to think I may have to have one.

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

I personally really like the Camo'd AR's. Especially for those of us truly using them as a hunting rig. As rediculous as it may sound, I think Camoing them does take some of the "Evil Black Gun" persona away. Which for me is a good thing. I think if it's dressed up in camo, it's obviously a hunting rig and that may get me less wierd looks from the naysayers. :smiley_turkey_gobble: I just haven't figured out what pattern I want yet. I was thinking of just spraying the whole thing in tan for now (that will be my base anyway) until I decide on my Camo pattern and other colors. Anyone that has sprayed your AR, are there any tricks or problem areas? I plan to tape off the obvious areas I don't want painted, but were there any function problems (sticking charging handle, takedown pins, bolt release, saftey etc etc) ? I'm worried about all the little exterior moving parts getting gummed up by paint.

#4 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:36 PM

I love the camo. I've never liked any guns that wore all black be it a bolt, pump, or semi auto.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

I like them!http://dynamicfinishes.com/photos.html

#6 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

I painted mine.. No problem what so ever....

#7 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

Dynamic finishes is who did my Glock. I didn't send it out though. I bought it done that way:Posted Image

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

Wow,how do they do that? Is it a heat shrink print?

#9 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

It's a dip process. A thin film of the pattern is laid on top of water and then the object is dipped.

#10 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:59 AM

Holy Cr@! they want $169 for a complete Rifle (looks to be more for an AR type)!! :yikes[1]: :crazy: I think I will stick with Krylon for my AR. :D :roflmao3[1]:

#11 RobT2K

RobT2K

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

Best paint job I have seen lately:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAnd it's easy to do!I experimented with my daughters .22, she has been bugging me for a "pink camo" paint job for awhile. This looked like it was just easy enough for me to pull off.What do you think?Posted Image"Pink rifle disease!!"

#12 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, that is a really good camo job. I don't think the colors are for me though. I like the sponge process and I may do that with the krylon Tan, Green and Brown Camo's.

#13 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

I like black rifles my self.

#14 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

I like that "sponge" camo job. :signs1180lq: It looks alot like the german flectar pattern. How do you do it?

#15 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

I like that "sponge" camo job. :signs1180lq: It looks alot like the german flectar pattern. How do you do it?

I don't have the link explaining it, but basically it said:Spray your main coat (use a lighter color)Then take your other colors, spray on a paper plate, then use your sponge (not sure which particular sponge to use) and dab the colors on wherever you want. Repeat with your other colors and you are done.I think they also used a clear coat at the end, but I haven't been able to find any "Ultra Flat" clear coat. I like the look of the dull Krylon Camo. I may just leave mine without a clear coat.

#16 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

Not officially Camo yet, but I used Krylon Camo Tan Paint!Tan pics of my AR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users