Photo

Ground squirrel blows off a little steam.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

My very first PCP was a Logun Solo single shot in .22 cal. It is light enough to hunt all day with, even with the camera mounted. The accuracy and trigger are on a par with guns costing double. I've upgraded it with the manually indexed 10 round magazine, and she is one fine squirrel killing machine.I hunted with her one afternoon last week. I hit this ground squirrel at 48 yards, and it looked like a little puff of steam came out of the top of it's head at pellet impact. Actually it was dust. I thought it made for a pretty cool video. :censored[1]:http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2Posted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

That is a fabulous video. You are absolutely right about blowing off some steam. ;) So this is the infamous front door gun. :censored[1]: It must have been difficult going back home after shooting in paradise for four days.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, it's not an easy place to leave. When I'm there I'm in another world. B) No, this is the famous front door rifle. It must not have been too bad though, because I recently had a home inspection and he didn't see it. :censored[1]: ;) Posted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:16 PM

I use the same shooting sticks, have the same binos but the older model Leica rangefinder. I may have to invest in a new one I like the smaller size. I hope to see my new video camera on Friday. :censored[1]:

Time waits for no one--

#5 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:35 AM

I think you'll really like the camera. The thing is truly amazing, especially considering it's compact size. How's it going with the new gun? I figured by now you would have at least shot out all of the neighbors porch lights, and every cat for 10 miles in all directions has packed and moved to Nevada. :popcorn: :lame: :roflmao3[1]: :lol: :lol:

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

It's going slow. I was hoping to get out with it over last weekend but those plans feel through due to a property closure. I've shot targets with it but not much else. It is extremely accurate and powerful. I had to switch to my .22 rimfire trap because my pellet trap won't contain them.

Time waits for no one--

#7 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

:lame:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users