• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

A few months ago, I sent Truckeedan a call for his grandson. You guys remember his grandson, the one that Dan is teaching tracking and all. Well, today, Dan sent me a video of his grandson, Evan, blow a call. I asked Dan if I could post the video and he said sure. Here is his response to me when I asked him.Lynn,Not at all. Feel free to use it all you want. You may have noticed that is actually the open reed call you made for me. Since we were primarily on a turkey hunt yesterday my son and I made him leave his coyote call at home, but I did take mine. After the morning turkey hunt (for which Evan sat still and quiet for two hours while we gobbled and clucked our brains out to no avail) we let him blow on my coyote call that you made and after some lunch he shot some cans with his BB gun and we made the video clip. We saw a dozen deer, one coyote that we couldn’t get within shotgun (or BB gun) range, but no turkeys. Boy did we have a good time. I have attached a photo of him on the turkey stand with his dad and another of him shooting with dad. You are right. This is what hunting is really all about. DanNow, this is what makes it for me. I sell calls to you folks, and that is enjoyable. I love it when you post pictures of kills made with one of my calls. But when a youngster takes up predator hunting, or shows a great interest in it, and I give him a call, and he loves it, then that is what my call making is really all about. This one almost brought tears to my eyes when he says, at the end of the video, "Thank you for the call, Braz." What more could I want than that. Thanks to Dan for sharing the video with us. It really made my day. No my week, month year... Well you get the idea.Posted Image
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#2 nevjohn

nevjohn

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:51 AM

Yep, that is it, Braz...... I kept waiting for a dog to come out of the woods behind him, when he was blowing the call LOL Looks like another hunter in the making, and with your call at that.
John in Tulare, Ca

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

Thats great :lame:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 airman

airman

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

:popcorn:

#5 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

He'll be slamin' dogs in no time! :popcorn:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#6 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

Makes me wish I had kids to share with.

#7 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:37 PM

That's cool. Good job kiddo! :signs1180lq:

#8 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Lynn and Dan.
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#9 Stick'em

Stick'em

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:56 PM

priceless.
why doesn't somebody pull out a .45 and, BANG, settle it?-Bruce Lee

#10 SAGITARUS

SAGITARUS

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:many lots of sport hobbies, such as mtn biking, snorkeling, surf fishing,hiking, and most recently, archery.

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

This reminds me of one of those classic great "HALLMARK" moments :signs1180lq:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users