13 replies to this topic

#1 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Posted ImageI got him last week and have all ready out some 25 miles on him Cowboy ride like a dream I`ve been looking for a while now with my bad back I needed to find a dead broke pony and so far so good he dosn`t spook nore dose he like to run both a big + when you have a broken back..I`m looking to put alot more miles on him befor I take him pig hunting (I can`t waite)Posted Image

#2 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

Welcome back to hunting jon! LTNS! Glad to hear you are going to get a porker!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#3 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

nice looking horse Jon -- sounds like the type I need!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#4 Granite

Granite

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

He looks very sturdy and calm. How old is he? How many hands? What's its name?

#5 John

John

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Bench Rest Shooting,Reloading,Fishing,Camping and the great outdoors

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

Nice lookin pony! I lived in Oak hills ( California) on the west side of Freeway and my house backed up to BLM land,I could ride my Arabians south all the way to the truck stop before hitting any homes or traffic.Great area for riding took a shot gun with me on many a ride as Coyotes,Quail and rabbits were all over,but the area is shot gun only.now live in South Central Idaho and I traded in the horses for a 4X4 Polaris quad,not as quiet but it gets me around OK.

#6 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

Good looking animal John.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#7 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

He looks very sturdy and calm. How old is he? How many hands? What's its name?

COWBOY IS 7 YEARS AND 15.2 HANDS..I had to get a epidural to day it was all i could do not to ride Him, The Doc told me if I didn`t stay off my feet fro at least 8 hours I`ed have a 3 day head ache..

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

Hes got some good stout legs under him :popcorn: Looks like he could seriously pack out some critters for you :lame: Have you tried him yet with something bloody? I love his markings :roflmao3[1]: Grats on your new 4 wheeler :lol:
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,684 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:20 AM

How many miles per bail do you get? neet animal.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#10 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

Nice animal when I read Cowboy and BrokeBack I was thinking something else. :lame:

#11 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

I`m taking it ez on him for a while he`s bare foot and I live with alot of rocks so it will take some time to harden his feet,,T took him for a 12 mile run on Sunday morn but he kept stopping at all the no trespassing sighs so he needs some more breaking in. he runs abought 1 bail 5 days

#12 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

Beautiful paint, I just sold my Appy and picked up a 2 yr old quarter horse filly. Starting to train her, shes halter broke and got her to trailer and pick up her feet, not scared of cars or tractors or guns or chainsaws! Got her to cross creeks no problem too! Gonna do some more ground work and get a saddle on her soon, shell be ready to pack for dear season!Heres mine!Posted ImageAnd thats my buddy paint in the background... Hes a big boy, all muscle, good packin horse.

#13 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:06 PM

Nice ride! I hope your back feels better soon!

#14 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:25 PM

nice horse i wish i could afford one or two for that matter
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users