• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:03 PM

Lets hear from some of the airgun shooters on the forum. Even if it's a BB gun who shoots one.I do, I do, me ,me! :roflmao3[1]:

#2 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,203 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

I shoot the Beeman R-1 and I use it to control the population of pest at my work in the middle of downtdown LA. I use the R-10 pellet, quite expensive but it hit hard and very accurate.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

Those RWS R-10 Match Pellets are an good pellet. They are an excellent paper puncher. I prefer a domed pellet for hunting gives you some additional distance with more accuracy. That Beeman R1 is a very reliable springer. I have one myself along with am R9 and an inside the building hunter the R7. Thanks for sharing.

#4 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

:unsure: You know, I've thought about it a couple of times, but I hear they're really just toys, and not much good past 15 or 20 yards. And not only that, but you just might shoot your eye out. :roflmao3[1]: :signs121fj: :signs121fj: :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]:Oh, ok. I do, but don't tell anybody. I want to keep all the fun for myself. :bleh[1]: :bleh[1]:

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

I watch A Christmas Story all day one day a year just so I can hear that phrase I grew up with.You'll shoot your eye out! :roflmao3[1]:

#6 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

I do..I live close to the river, and the rats run along the power lines...

#7 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

BSA 22 underlever and a Walther 177 pistol that I bought in New Zealand in '68. Guess I could give them a couple drops of oil and knock the dust of my pellet trap. Could use those while I try to figure out how to afford a new air rifle and a couple of hunting trips. :smiley_green_with_envy:

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

I love rat shooting. We used to have an old open pit dump we shot them at as kids with our pellet rifles.

#9 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:15 PM

Yep, I have a springer.

#10 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

I shoot a 117. cal gamo varmit hunter and have been taking tons of grackles and nutter's from 30 yards + daily i love this gun but racoons laugh at it and keep eating . Pellet that works for me is the beeman crow mag . waiting on some domed 22 cal for my benjiman hb22 pistol to shoot some summer rats

#11 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

I've got a Sheridan Blue Streak .22 cal. with a little 4x scope.I also use the Beeman Crow Magnum pellets for pest liquidation around the house.

#12 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

I have an old Crosman .177 pump pellet pistol with a BSA red dot site, also have an RWS Diana model 94 .177 springer rifle with a Winchester 3-9x40 air rifle scope. Love both of them! I have found that the Gamo Rocket ammo works the best in both of them.Darren

#13 Hot Brass

Hot Brass

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

Me, :smiley_green_with_envy:

#14 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:46 AM

I have had this old Benjamin 300 for over 50 years. It is a front pumper and shoots BB's. Not much good for squirrels and not very accurate but it would shoot completly through a bird.Attached File  100_2181.JPG   32.95KB   35 downloads

#15 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:24 AM

I bought a Beeman last year and I shoot the heck outta pesky pigeons that steal grain from my horses...

#16 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

Rod that Benjamin is a collectors item. I thought my old Sheridan Silver Streak was old at around 1962, but you've got me beat. That's a nice one.Posted Image

#17 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:59 PM

Posted ImageI have this gamo varmint hunter for about 6 months or so it replaced my old and tired crosman .22cal 766 pump rifle , best $200 spent in a long time i have nothing but clean kills .This meal was taken from 25 yrds head shot at 5:30 am he was eating and never saw the gamo .17 cal hunter domed pellet comming under the light of the early morning moon

#18 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

I have my dad's old Crosman 147 from when he was a kid. The seals need to be replaced. I am guessing it is from around 1955 or so.Darren

Attached Files

#19 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:24 PM

I know a place that will fix that gun for you Darren.

#20 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

I know a place that will fix that gun for you Darren.

Would love the info on that! It has been sitting in my safe for years. Would love to have it working again. Can't even find info on that gun anywhere online. Curious about value, and age. No serial number on the air rifle anywhere either.Darren

#21 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

Mac 1 airguns The owner is Tim McMurray.Mac1 Airgun/McMurray & SonTim McMurray, Owner13974 Van Ness Ave.Gardena, CA 90249 USA�PHONE: 310-327-3581 FAX: 310-327-0238�HOURS: �M, TU, F, SA 11:00 am - 6:00 pm PSTEMAIL: tim@mac1airgun.com

#22 cliff

cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

I enjoy my RWS Diana Model 350 in my back yard. I also use a much lower-powered Gamo 440 Hunter at fifty feet. Both are .177 caliber and both are accurate. The Diana breaks the sound barrier with light pellets, and since I don't want my neighbors complaining I use 8.9 grain pellets and heavier. Beeman imports the best German-made pellets, so I keep a few pounds of them on hand. Beeman Crow Magnum pellets are the best expanding pellets for savage hits. When I need more power, my .223 Remington really rocks, but never in my back yard. cliff

#23 SAGITARUS

SAGITARUS

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:many lots of sport hobbies, such as mtn biking, snorkeling, surf fishing,hiking, and most recently, archery.

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

I play with a Logun s16s mounted on a spring bipod, with red laser, 50mm scope. Mine looks like the picture at the bottom of this linkhttp://www.americana...m/logans16.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users