#1 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

Went to the Range today with Mr. MarlinAdjusted the Trigger from over #5 to #3.25lbMan do I love this Rifle :D Even with the Trigger stiull alittle on the heavy side I managedregular groups as such:All groups are 5 shots @ 100yd. :D First the Worst:This is the best the 20 XTP will do, funny cause my old Savage loved this stuff.Posted ImageAnd the Cream of the Crop:Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:46 PM

Sterling, you finally got a gun that can hit the dot! :D Glad it shot well for you. :D

#3 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:58 PM

At least I got one gun that can hit what I aim at :D Of coarse it won't happen next time cause I switched scope's.It now wears my Elite 4200 4-16x, it deserves a nice scope.The H&R has been Demoted :D It Ain't wearing nothing :D

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:53 AM

That's too bad about the poor quality of your H&R and their refusal to fix it correctly. I think Mr. Marlin will like his new set of eyes. It's always nice to have good glass on anything. I can't tell you the years in my youth I fought that old Tasco on my .22-250. But hey I didn't know better. You better buy smaller DOT's now that you can hit them! :D

#5 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:17 AM

It's funny how the 20XTP's shoot low rightLow would be normal, but to right seems odd.I'm going to have to try CCI's 20 Game Points.It does.y like the 17 TNT's very well either.The Savage shot all the Ammo great.Thats O.K. though because the V-Max is the right Squirrel Medicine anyway :D

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:26 AM

I've heard the Remington stuff shoots well in the Marlin's. I don't know why they all wouldn't, it's made in the same factory on the same machines. It may break in after a while too and do better with others. I don't understand the left or right point of impact change either. But both my Contender pistol and my Savage both do that too. :D

#7 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

Hey Sterling,What a great set of groupings. I like the last group. Awesome! Like Shooter said, you either need to get smaller dots, or is this about the time you list it in the classifieds? :lol: db

#8 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

I'll have to go with smaller dot's because this rifle Ain't going in the Classified :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users