3 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:19 PM

I hunted the AA 410 for the first time last week. What a sweet shooting rifle. I probably took 40 to 50 squirrels with her and she performed flawlessly. The new side lever design is very smooth. The trigger is excellent, and not that it's important where I hunt but, it is very, very, quiet. I've included a video of her in action. Watch closely and you can see the pellet in flight. These tin alloy pellets are shiny, and when the light is just right, you can watch them twinkle right into the squirrel. This furball was 38 yards out. I've also included a pic. of some of her other work. :roflmao3[1]:http://imageevent.co...=...amp;s=0&z=2Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,590 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

Shots like that with the bullet or in this case the pellet are awesome. It's like following a string right into the target. Those Tin pellets are deadly. It would be worth the price of hunting at Tejon Ranch just to be able to shoot the squirrels. :roflmao3[1]:

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:23 PM

Every once in awhile I'll catch a shot with the pellet in flight. It's pretty cool to see. The Tejon has to be experienced to be believed, and it'll just keep getting better as we move toward the middle of May when this years young squirrels start coming above ground. :roflmao3[1]: I love the place. Been a member for 13 or 14 years now. There is absolutely nothing else like it in So. Cal.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,590 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 30 March 2008 - 02:29 PM

For a place that anybody could join to hunt I don't think there are many places like that in California. Though I did for many years have a 10,000 acre cattle ranch above the town of La Grange, California that looked very like that. But for a pay to play Tejon is awesome and you have over 270,000 acres. Nothing like young and dumb ground squirrels when they first start coming out. It's something that has to be seen to be believed. :roflmao3[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users