Photo

Retrofit Accutrigger inot none accutrigger 93R .17 HMR?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ForkedHorn

ForkedHorn

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:49 PM

Hello,any of you Gun Smith types out there know if I could replace my trigger in my old 93R .17 HMR to the new Accutrigger?thanks,

#2 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:53 PM

Not easily:The receiver is modified for the Accutriggerand they won't sell the accutrigger seperate.

#3 Kevin G

Kevin G

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:56 PM

Have you looked into a Sharp Shooter Supply trigger or another the such aftermakret triggers?Rifle Basix 'prolly makes one . . . I dunno . . . just a thought about getting past the Savage Accutrigger problem you have.Good Luck!Kevin

#4 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:03 PM

Rifle Basix makes one if you like a very light trigger pull 9-18ozThat other company memtioned, I wouldn't give the time of day.But that is just me

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:05 PM

I've got a Rifle Basix in mine and it works great. :lol: It only took about twenty minutes to install it. Would have been ten minutes if I had read the instructions first! :rolleyes:

#6 ForkedHorn

ForkedHorn

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 02:59 PM

Hye, thanks guys. i found an excellent post from this same thread that I put on PM http://www.predatorm...=#Post52250905)Their is a simple Mod procedure described on their that can make your old style Savage trigger a "match trigger" for less than $3.00! I'm thinking that I will be trying that and save the $70 for a rifle basix trigger!Here is the direct link: http://www.rimfirece...ead.php?t=46774good stuph!

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:42 PM

Yeah, I tried that first and it was c r a p.

"match trigger"

They must not know what a match trigger is then. But it is cheap I give you that. One of those times I proved to myself you get what you pay for. You can try it but you'll end up buying the Rifle Basix if you want a real trigger. You'll be out shooting it and your modified trigger will self modify and your gun won't work.

#8 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:06 PM

Not a substitute for a match trigger.But yes it is a good Mod and will improve the Trigger greatly.I did this Mod on the Savage 93 I had that Natual now has.It is very good, brakes fairly crisp at 2.75 lb.It is time consuming to do, but I like tinkering.And if done right will give you a very safe Trigger.But if you don't know what you are doing and are not sure of yourself, get an RB Trigger.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

I'm pretty sure of myself :D , and I know I don't want to do it again. :D :D

#10 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

I did that shim trick to my Savage 93. It broke at 3#, very crisp and no creep. I was very astisfied with it..... UNTIL..... I pushed the safety off one day and it fired. Kinda surprised me!! :D The next time it did the same thing. :D :D Twice was too much. I installed the Rifle Basix sear before I shot it again. Now it breaks at 1&1/2# and I feel a LOT safer. I tinker all the time too but there are some things that I don't feel it's worth taking a chance on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users