7 replies to this topic

#1 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:13 PM

What do you guys think of this scope bang for the buck. how does it compare say to a Nikon Monarchs glass? My AR is scopeless and I want something other than iron sights. Thanks in advance :signs1180lq:

#2 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:54 AM

Take a look at these if you are on a tight budget. Good scopes at a fair price. I won't buy anything else from BSA unless the start making motorcycles again. http://www.muelleroptics.com/Woodog
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:41 AM

Personally I think BSA are the bottom of the barrel. I have one sitting in my closet collecting dust. If you are looking for something decent but low budget, look at the Muellers as Woodog said. I also like the Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5-20x50 WTC It can be had for $109 shipped. They also have some in the 3-9x40 variety, but I haven't tried those. Another great buy is the Bushnell Browning 3-9x40 (Same specs as the 3200 Elite) for $129.99 Browning I just got this for my AR I am finishing this week!
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#4 NVScouter

NVScouter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

BSA scopes are complete junk. I have 2 and wish I hadn't wasted the $$ on them. If you want a cheap scope that is quality go to www.opticsplanet.com and look at Barska scopes. I have 2 and would buy another in a heartbeat.

#5 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:35 AM

+1 for them being junk.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#6 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:56 AM

+1 for Muellers.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#7 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

Thanks guys there goes the BSA idea. I am looking at the Mueller Tactical 4-16x50 looks like it would be a lot of fun.

#8 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

I have 2 cats eye bsa scopes 3-10-40. the one on the 25-06 has been through hell. Was on a quad for 10 days. Bumbed hiked and slid down mountains with me and one quad flip over. still is right on. The other is on my 7-08 . I must of got the only 2 good scopes thay made. :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]: Thats the only scope I would buy from them . from what I herd from others..
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users