5 replies to this topic

#1 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:22 AM

My FOXPRO 416B was having problems uploading new sounds from FOXPRO's web site. The instructions said my 416B unit needed 30-second sound loops. But my unit was not recording the sounds in the right positions, it was all screwed up. I worked on it for about 3 hours trying different things. Of course I first tried following the instructions EXACTLY to the "T" but it didn't work right. It was recording sounds in the wrong places, and recording over parts of some sounds it shouldn't have.I talked to Mike (owner) and it turns out that my particular unit needs 15-second sound loops instead of the 30-second sounds like the web site said. He said the web site instructions were wrong and he'd send me the new sounds asap. I waited two days for the emailed sounds. Then I contacted Mike again and asked what was up? They finally sent me the sounds. So last night I tried it again. It still messes up by recording some of the sounds in the wrong places and recording over the sounds that should be there. Some of the positions are silence. Yes I followed the directions to the "T" using FOXPRO sounds and the FOXPRO recording adaptor. I spent another 3 hours trying to figure it out. Finally I recorded silence over all 16 sound positions and started over using the sixteen 15-second sounds. I tested each sound after each was recorded one at a time. Seemed to be ok. But after all sixteen sounds were recorded, I went back to "0" and listened to each sound for 1 minute to make sure they weren't screwed up. Sure enough, some of the sounds that previously worked were now silent, and others would play 15-seconds of the correct sound, followed by 15 seconds of another sound. Still others had the totaly incorrect sound recorded. The same exact thing was happening as before.This thing is really ticking me off. Not only have I lost the original 16 sounds on the unit because it records sounds in the wrong places (some of them I wanted to keep perminently) now it's all screwed up with the new sounds. It's been out of service for over a month now, and bobcat and crow season is almost over... Anyways, this hunk of junk is getting shipped back to FOXPRO and hopefully they can fix it. :lol: So far, I'm out $20 for the sounds I ordered, plus another $20 to replace the old sounds that I wanted to keep that have been incorrectly recorded over, plus about $25 shipping both ways to FOXPRO. :(

#2 coolvarmint

coolvarmint

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Killing Varmints

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:06 PM

Sorry to hear about the headaches. Im sure Mike at FoxPro would take care of some of that cash you've already lost out on. I've read of other problems that he has rectified pretty well. Have you tried recontacting him or posting on the FP site?? Sure can't hurt to ask. Ive heard nothing but good about their customer service. Good luck. Scott

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

Ever get this resolved?

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,676 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:07 PM

Doesn't look like it, this topic was started today. :lol:

#5 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:58 PM

I called my mom today and asked her if I was born retarded but they never told me I was retarded. She said no. So I don't think it's just me. I'm pretty sure the FOXPRO unit is screwed up. The experience has turned me off to downloading sounds. I'm going to just have them program my FOXPRO and then I'll leave it that way. Spending 5-6 hours trying to get this darn thing to work has surely taken a few months off my life expectancy. :)I was thinking that perhaps I might be retarded after my conversation this morning with Cabela's customer service rep. I inquired why my orders ALWAYS take 4 sometimes 5 days to arrive when I pay extra for their "guarenteed 2-3 business day delivery". Cabela's: That's normal. Me: Excuse me? It says 2-3 business days. That's what I paid for. I don't get it. I'd like to understand your shipping policy so I know what to expect.Cabela's: Well, it takes longer if it overlaps on a weekend. Me: Lady, I ordered on Monday at 8:34am pacific time. My order arrived Friday at 5:31pm pacific time. Cabela's: Yes, that's 3 days. Is there anything else I can help you with? Me: Hold on. That is NOT 3 days. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. FIVE days. I know because that's how many fingers I have on my hand. Even if you don't count the first day for order processing, that's still 4 days!!! And I completed my order by 8:34am so that should count as one day. Does the day I order count as one of the days?Cabela's: I don't make the policy. That's what we consider 2-3 business days. Is there anything else I can help you with? Me: Wait, wait. Let's go over this again. When you offer shipping in 2-3 business days gauranteed, and I pay for it, I expect it to show up in 2-3 days. This is the FOURTH time in recent months that my orders show up late. The first time I got a refund, the second two times I let is slide because it was holiday time, now it happened again. You're telling me it's normal? So if I pay for 2-3 day guarenteed delivery, I should expect it to take 4-5 days?Cabela's: Yes. I'll send you the specifics via email. Have a nice day. (disconnect)Me: I MUST be retarded! :lol:(waited all day, still no email)

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:36 PM

(waited all day, still no email)

Go figure!I'd recommend calling FoxPro and telling them the insaneness you've gone through and the lack of cooperation you're getting from Cabela's and ask if they can help you. They (FoxPro) are a top notch company and they go to great lengths to keep us happy.You might also consider registering on the FoxPro forums and see if someone there can answer the question to your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users