• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:24 AM

With this lead bullet ban I'm wondering if they have addressed air rifles and lead pellets. I've got a couple of old RWS pellet rifles but I know they've came along way with technolgy with the compressed air tank type guns. I may have to start investigating a new purchase.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:50 AM

Hey Dale I am ordering a new Air Arms PCP airgun too. My friend Cliff finally convinced me to get at least one. They are so accurate and the newer ones are extremely quiet you can hear the hammer drop when they fire. I going to add an airgun forum to the new Firearms section coming this week. Airguns are not covered under the lead ban issue. Besides if they changed their minds they already have lead free pellets.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

What's the 'minute of squirrel head' range for a high quality air rifle??

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:26 AM

The Precharged Pneumatic PCP Air Rifles out to around 80 yards.

Time waits for no one--

#5 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,789 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

That would work for some squirrels. Have to actually stalk some but, that is part of the game. :DWhat about the tanks and hoses etc to charge it in the field??

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#6 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:11 PM

A17 I may have to put a Ghillie Suit on the ol'CJ and it would haul all the tanks and stuff pretty easily. It's about the only answer for squirrel getting till they change this stupid law. It would work pretty well around a few feed lots, dairys, and edge of town spots that seem to getting to be the norm. SJ I'll look at the one you mentioned.
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#7 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

I have a PCP gun, and I like the way it shoots. Mine is in 25 caliber though. The 36 grain pellets hit pretty hard at the appropriate intended range. I take it with me out to NV for jacks. I have posted a photo before, but it is a carbine. The cylinder magazine looks like a revolver, but it has a short lever through. Makes it quick to rechamber a round. Of course I would only need it for doubles. :huh: dbHere is the article I wrote for Airgundepot - the folks I purchased mine from.http://www.airgundep...fle-review.html
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:13 PM

Nice writeup Dave. I can't wait to get the NEW rifle. I thought hard about caliber but went with .22 cal to get the shrouded barrel to keep the noise down. Plus they have it in a lefty for me. I was going to go with a right handed one but that can be another one later.

Time waits for no one--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users