17 replies to this topic

#1 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

Recently I switched out my trigger system with a Chip McCormick replacement in my Bushmaster AR15, it went from an 8lb. to a 3lb. pull, took me all of 20 minutes to complete it. I wanted to see just how accurate it would be at the 100yrd. range, needless to say IM more then happy with the pattern at that range :smiley_kewlpics:

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.JPG   45.62KB   38 downloads
  • Attached File  2.JPG   48.81KB   35 downloads

#2 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

That is nice shooting... I was thinking about one of those triggers. I keep hearing great things about them from the AR guys. Does your FS get in the way of the scope? Can you see it when you look through the scope?I am working on a deal to get complete AR's for super cheap. So that has derailed my build for a while. They will not ship to CA ad the AR's need a bullet button to be CA legal. So I am having to get them shipped to a buddy out of state, he is going to strip it all down and ship the parts to me. I'll use my lower that I have now and get the other lower sent to my FFL. (still unsure if that lower will be CA legal, if it is not then he gets to keep it)IF it all comes together it will take some time, as much as 4-8 weeks to get it to my buddy.I'll let you guys know if that works out. I'll be getting more than one at that price if it does!

#3 magshooter

magshooter

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

nice shootin

#4 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:11 PM

My FS does not get in the way at all, as if it wasn't even on my rifle.

#5 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

Very Nice , Great job

#6 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

That makes me smile. :roflmao3[1]: I hope mine is that accurate. I just ordered a DPMS Muzzle Brake Levang Linear from MidwayUsa. It is supposed to make more of the noise go forward instead of blowing back. It is perceived to be much quieter, which will be nice when hunting coyote with no hearing protection.

#7 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

Looks great. I have a CM on my 223 back in MO and really like it. My only complaint is that I don't get to shoot it very much!

#8 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

That should be a HUGE complaint!!! I already feel that I dont get to shoot it enough as it is :roflmao3[1]:

#9 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:33 AM

I just ordered a DPMS Muzzle Brake Levang Linear from MidwayUsa. It is supposed to make more of the noise go forward instead of blowing back. It is perceived to be much quieter, which will be nice when hunting coyote with no hearing protection.

I put the same brake on my Howa .22-250 which I haven't fired yet, but it was test fired by the gunsmith. If you are shooting prone it will also prevent a lot of dust and debris from blowing up from the muzzle blast that normally escapes out the side of most muzzle brakes. I have another that was going to be installed on the Keltec, but after two months in the shop the smith said he couldn't figure out how to remove the barrel to shorten and thread it. :roflmao3[1]: In other words he had other work that paid more and set mine aside. This has happened three times now with this guy. BTW, he claims, for black gun purposes, that the muzzle brake is not a muzzle brake at all, but is a muzzle lift compensator. SteveH

#10 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, surfing,fishing,sports,target shooting,reloading,camping

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:55 AM

Nice shooting but do you need to repair the holes in the dry wall now. :roflmao3[1]:

#11 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:46 AM

Nice shooting but do you need to repair the holes in the dry wall now. :rofl2:

:roflmao3[1]:

#12 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:44 AM

Well there sure isn't anything wrong with that group.

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:56 AM

killem_all, nice group you shot there. When are you going to get a hacksaw and cut that front sight off? :roflmao3[1]:

#14 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:31 AM

That front site would drive me crazy.

#15 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:47 AM

killem_all, nice group you shot there. When are you going to get a hacksaw and cut that front sight off? :rofl2:

LOL If it got in the way I would have for sure but I like it actually, it sets off the look of an AR even though I cant have a :roflmao3[1]: clip, thanks to California politicians and legeslators.

#16 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:21 AM

Ok, those front sights make opening beer bottles easier. :roflmao3[1]:

#17 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:30 AM

Ok, those front sights make opening beer bottles easier. :roflmao3[1]:

Really, it'll do that?! Wait till I get home!!! :drinks: :rofl2:

#18 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

I put the same brake on my Howa .22-250 which I haven't fired yet, but it was test fired by the gunsmith. If you are shooting prone it will also prevent a lot of dust and debris from blowing up from the muzzle blast that normally escapes out the side of most muzzle brakes. I have another that was going to be installed on the Keltec, but after two months in the shop the smith said he couldn't figure out how to remove the barrel to shorten and thread it. :huh: In other words he had other work that paid more and set mine aside. This has happened three times now with this guy. BTW, he claims, for black gun purposes, that the muzzle brake is not a muzzle brake at all, but is a muzzle lift compensator. SteveH

Good to hear about kicking up the dirt. I heard people talking about how LOUD these AR's are with flash suppressors. I think my AR just has threads and I should be able to just unscrew the A2 and screw the new one on. I have a couple crush washers coming as well. I guess since it doesn't have a lug, you can just put a couple screw drivers in the outer holes and use another screwdriver to tighten it on. Does that make sense? :lol: ANyway, only other thing I am worried about is the brake throwing the balance off. We will see. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users