#1 meangreen75

meangreen75

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Dirtbiking, and Flying

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

I'm just wondering if anyone else here shoots IPSC. I got into it a lot when I lived out in New Mexico two years ago but I haven't shot a match since I came back to California. I think I'm in a pretty good location in Murrieta to go to a couple of locations but I'd like some feedback for the clubs. Thanks for any help.Doug

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

I'm going to re-start after my hunting this summer. I used to shoot with the Valley Practical Shooters up in Stockton and the boys in Oakdale when I lived up north. I started in the early 80's with Palmetto gunclub in Charleston S.C. and find that I really miss the competition and practice.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#3 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

Im going to join here soon, when I get a brake from school..

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#4 socal shooter

socal shooter

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

i'd like to get into it but can't afford all the memberships let alone a gun and upgrades for one

#5 meangreen75

meangreen75

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Dirtbiking, and Flying

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:15 AM

The good thing about IPSC is that they have a number of different classes for all kinds of guns. You don't need any specialized stuff. I'll be using my HK P2000 in .40 cal. I know other guys use revolvers. It's about what you got and what you can do with it. It also gives you more practice, not to mention it's really fun. I'll probably be shooting the Pala match and maybe the club in Palm Springs.Doug

#6 GlassJax

GlassJax

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

I've shot USPSA up in Oakdale a couple times about year ago last fall (2006). It was a blast.USPSA has a stock class that you don't need an expensive gun or any fancy hardware or even hi-cap mags to be competitive in. I shot a strait stock Glock 19. All I had to buy was a few more mag pouches and used a SERPA belt holster I already had.

#7 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

I have been thinking about it that's one reason for the new gun . I an thinking on the oakdale club it's the closest to me so far.I want to do the stock gun class. We rented a case back hoe and i used it to make a 10 foot burm by 15 feet long so i can practice. i just need to find out how the range is set up. Thinking on making some poppers to when I get the wild hair LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users