8 replies to this topic

#1 Inoculation

Inoculation

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

I have a problem with one of my hydration set ups. I use only Camelback set ups for my off road riding and racing, but the bladders are always blue. Camelback now makes hunting packs with green/brown bladders, but have yet to offer them for sale individually. I have had an Eberlestock X1 pack with a hydration sleeve. I have used many bladders but none have seem to fit as well as the red head one I got from Bass Pro. the problem is the horrible taste of plastic in the bladder. My question is this.....How the hell do you get rid of that nasty taste? It's terrible! It makes my mouth pucker up when I need to take a drink in the field HAHA!!!ThanksMatt

#2 jim d

jim d

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:50 PM

Try putting what is called sweet water in the bladder. It is a soultion that is put into fresh water tanks on large boats and RVs to kill the taste of the plastic the tanks are made of. Most RV dealerships sell it under many different names.--jim d

#3 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:42 PM

Two tablespoons of baking soda for two days and flush well. Then fill with your favorite booze for two days and rinse well then the aftertaste will be pleasant.SteveH

#4 Inoculation

Inoculation

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

Two tablespoons of baking soda for two days and flush well. Then fill with your favorite booze for two days and rinse well then the aftertaste will be pleasant.SteveH

HAHA Steve, I am trying he baking soda as I type. I also will be going to an RV dealer tomorrow and getting some sweet water. I'm not much of a hard alcohol drinker, but maybe if I put a couple Newcastles in there it will leave a pleasant after taste of frosty brown ale!Matt

#5 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:13 PM

Check these out:http://www.pricepoin...ing-Tablets.htmI use them in my camelback when it starts getting gamey.

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

Nice! Thanks Ed.

#7 tW!tcH

tW!tcH

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:26 PM

dog poop! Those are for water. I always fill mine with 9 parts Bombay Saphire to 1 part vermouth. They should put that in the instructions. :-(

#8 barndoor

barndoor

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

I hung mine up in the back yard and put a close pin on the mouth peice to hold it open while I put the hose in the fill section. I just ran the hose for a couple hours and watered my lawn while I was at it.

#9 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

Check these out:http://www.pricepoin...ing-Tablets.htmI use them in my camelback when it starts getting gamey.

Gamey ?Posted Image What are you putting in there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users