#1 HC Nomad

HC Nomad

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, gun and archery<br />Fly Fishing<br />Backpacking

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

I am looking to change the arrows that I shoot to carbon arrows. I currently shoot the Easton Gamegetter II 2216, 28 “, 100 grain tip, blazer 2” fletching, I shoot a Mission X3 bow set at 70 lb draw, with a trophy taker “shakey hunter” drop away rest, and mechanical release.Could anyone recommend a carbon arrow that would replace the aluminum arrow I currently use? I am getting tiered of trying to straighten the aluminum arrows. I am looking for a sturdier arrow. The biggest game I would shoot with it is Elk.Thanks

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,481 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

I can't help you but if you don't get some ideas today you might PM goldenarrow. He owns an archery shop and would have an answer for you.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 NEhunter

NEhunter

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

It all depends on your budget really. Recommended to me have been the Gold Tip Expedition Hunter arrows. The archery shop said this is about all they carry and they shoot. Run you about $75 a doz or so. My arrows right now are the Easton Storm arrows. Cheaper then the Gold Tip and I'm working on a strict budget. These run about $60 a doz.

#4 sagedog

sagedog

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

I shoot the Gold Tip XT Hunters 7595, 100 gr tip, 30.5", quickspin st speed hunter vanes. This is the best combo i've found. Not the cheapest. I think I'm going to order some of the Cabela's shafts and see if the difference is that big, if at all. That will cut down on $$ a bit, which my wife will enjoy.
Press Alt+F4, it's AWESOME!

#5 archerjohn

archerjohn

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I BOW HUNT AND I ALSO HUNT WITH A 17 &amp; 243 FOR PREDATORS ,PIG AND DEER

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

you would like any carbon arrow better pound for pound two of the best low end arrows are gold tip an vapor carryed by all shops there is a mail order place in socal that always has good prices FS DISCOUNT ARCHERY PRODUCTS FOR THE WT YOU ARE SHOOTTING YOU WANT GOLD TIP 5575 OR VAPOR 4000 THOUGHS ARE THE SPINE THAT YOU NEED FOR 70# CARBON WILL LAST 10 TIMES LONG TTHAN YOUR ALUMINUM STAY WITH 2" VANES THEY HELP ARROW RECOVER FASTER ON RELEASE WITH BROADHEADS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users