3 replies to this topic

#1 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:37 AM

When I dress out a bear I always have plenty of trimmings to save for this recipe. This is an excellent dish, everyone admits they can't even tell it has wild game for the meat. Ingredients: 2 lbs. bear meat, cubed to 1 inch2 tablespoons flour1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce1 teaspoon soy sauce1 tablespoon olive oil1/2 teaspoon season salt5 celery stalks, sliced1 lb carrots, sliced5 large potatoes, peeled & sliced in chunks1 onion, sliced1 can tomato soup condensed Lightly season meat with salt and pepper, coat with flour. Heat olive oil in a skillet, add meat and brown. Place the meat in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add season salt and bring to a boil, cover and simmer for two hours. Add vegetables and more water if needed, simmer for one hour. Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, soup, salt, and pepper, simmer for 15 minutes. Remove heat and let it sit for 30 minutes. Ready to serve. Serve with toasted bread or hot rolls.

#2 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:35 AM

I still have plenty-o-bear meat from my '06 kill...will need to try this out

#3 BrentB

BrentB

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Bear<br />Elk<br />Turkey<br />Coyote<br />Pheasant<br />Quail<br />Moose<br />Deer<br /><br />Aside from hunting...<br /><br />Paragliding<br />Motorcycles<br />Video Editing<br />Camera Work<br />Photography<br />Car Audio Systems<br />Trucks<br /><br /><br />

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

Amazing! Im going for my first bear this year and was looking for a recipe, YATZI !!

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

Something tells me that the Dutch Oven performs some kind of cooking magic. My Mom swore by hers. Good lookin recipe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users