• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:18 PM

If you remember, back in early January, Jeph jumped on a call I had up for sale. It was a Cocobolo closed reed with a stippled brass ring. He contacted me a while back and said he wanted to complete the set. He wanted an open reed distress, a howler and a coaxer. He wanted the stippled band on all the calls, but said if I couldn't get it on the coaxer, because of the small size, that to just go ahead and make it with out the band. Well, I got Jeph's set made and thought I would share it with you. I though they came out looking pretty good. All the calls are Cocobolo, and as you will see they all have the stippled band except for the coaxer. I didn't have a stippled band that small so made one with a copper band. The copper goes great with the color of the Cocobolo. All in all, the set came out looking great. I am posting single pictures of all the calls, but the set call is missing the first call I sent to Jeph back in Jan. But they are all basically the same size. OK, enough gabbing, here are the calls.Remember, this first call is the one Jeph already has.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageHere is the front and back of the calls to show the variance in the color of this beautiful wood.Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 magshooter

magshooter

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

thoose calls are great lookin im impressed with my call and all of braz's work

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

When I saw the title to this topic I thought you made a set to replace those that his wife keeps in her purse!

#4 jephs422

jephs422

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

Actually, it's a long story, but it's actually her friend that keeps them in her purse. Braz, once again, awesome work. I am sure they will sound as good as they look, and man, I can't believe how fast you knocked those out. Braz...YOU DA MAN!!!

#5 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

Wow, those are puuuurdy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users