7 replies to this topic

#1 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:00 AM

Well the waiting has been begun... 10 days until the Super Black Eagle II is in my hot little hands! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: So, what do I need to know about these, if anything? I heard someone mention running 100+ shells through it of "premium" ammo and that would break it in and allow it to fire most/all shells. (I assume to break in the inertia spring?) I have heard these Benellis don't like to cycle some lower grade shells? So, what is the proper protocol for a new shotgun?

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,295 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:02 AM

Load shells into gun, kill something. ;)I've run ever sort of junk shell through mine and I haven't have a hiccup.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:14 AM

Congrats on the new toy. I swear I read recently some where that you wanted to shoot a bunch of the 3 1/2" stuff before trying to shoot the 2 3/4". Have you asked Benelli? Next time I am out with Tom Knapp I will ask him for you! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:33 AM

Go blast some stuff too bad you can,t find pumpkins this time of year. Man I hate waiting :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Going to give us some pictures when it comes home. If you want I'll break it in for you just give the shells .
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#5 Racink6

Racink6

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:01 AM

Sweet cant wait to see it. Let me know when you get and well put a quick 100 rounds through it at the skeet/trap range and well pattern it. Congrats on the new toy.

#6 jim d

jim d

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:56 AM

When I was selling them the only time there were any problems was if the guns weren't properly lubricated. We had some guns that came back to the shop and the factoty reps. took the customers out and fired them and after the reps. lubed the gun they didn't have any more problems. Really read your owners manual when you pick up the gun. Congrats on the new toy.--jim d

#7 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:08 AM

Sounds easy... too easy! :huh: I am sure it won't be hard to put some rounds through it. (twist my arm!) I CAN'T WAIT to shoot it! I can't wait to unload on the first unlucky dog that tries to run me over again! It has happened several times recently, would have been better off with a bowe knife than a rifle! but no more! :rolleyes:

#8 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,225 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

Be on the safe side and do the break procedure with heavy duck loads. I watched tom nappe in Newman do a show and his still jammed once every time he gos to load he pulls the action back about 10 times that tells you something. I will stick with berreta gas gun.Not saying yours will be a problem AQ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users