Photo

Just got my new gear in the mail... im excited..

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 El Widgeon

El Widgeon

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

So I put in an order for a ghillie suit about 2 weeks ago thinking, "damn. i may look like a fool, but this'll be great for hunting." i just got it yesterday and the mail and HAD to try it out right away. I put it on, threw on a little cover scent, and went out in the backyard to hide out. Then i had my wife let our little 2yr old puppy pitbull out in the backyard to try and find me. i was only about 10-15yds away from the house and he couldn't find me! no trail or anything. I was just crouching down in between to hedges in our backyard. he walked right by me TWICE and i swear i couldve reached out and touched him. so the third time he walked by, i slapped him right in the a** and he FREAKED out!! he turned around and pounced on me and started kicking my a**, not knowing what i was. finally i took the hood off and he was back to smiles. he didnt hurt me at all, but he was spook'd. this suit is going to work great. gona use it for coyote hunting hopefully this weekend if it stops raining.incase you guys dont know what a ghillie suit is, i'll put a picture up of one.Attached File  1.jpg   14.55KB   4 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   22.69KB   4 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   44.58KB   4 downloads

#2 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:47 AM

Great looking suit. Now I know why there are so many Bigfoot sightings!!!

#3 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:39 AM

Is that a "Ghilie suit " or is that the one made by "Shaggy", I had a shaggy when I played paintball a few years ago and I actually got stepped on in it. great gear either way

#4 nevjohn

nevjohn

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:16 AM

The million dollar question is.......... where did you get it??? Geez, let us in on it. What is the cost?? I know there are several out there to be had, but from different prices of course.

#5 El Widgeon

El Widgeon

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

Is that a "Ghilie suit " or is that the one made by "Shaggy", I had a shaggy when I played paintball a few years ago and I actually got stepped on in it. great gear either way

yeah, it seems like it'll be great camo. it's an actuall ghillie suit, but i was looking at the shaggy suits and they seem just as great. the only reason i got the ghillie suit is cuz it was only $93.48, shipping included. im really excited to use this bad boy. i'll let you guys know how it works and if i'll end up recommending one to you

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:19 AM

Just be sure to stay away from any sticker bushes. :signlol2iu:

#7 El Widgeon

El Widgeon

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:20 AM

The million dollar question is.......... where did you get it??? Geez, let us in on it. What is the cost?? I know there are several out there to be had, but from different prices of course.

go to www.express.ebay.com and you'll find either real ghillie suits or really good-looking imitations for $100 or less. they have woodland camo, desert camo, forest camo. be careful when you order tho. my order was the hood, jacket, AND pants. some of the orders are just the pants, or just the jacket. also, make sure you order one size larger than what you normally wear. they say they're kinda tight-fitting if you get your exact size.p.s. - MAKE SURE IT'S NOT THE GHILLIE SUIT "KIT". there's kits out there where you can make your own and its easy to mistake the kit for the already-made suit. i prefer the woodland camo too. this suit is gona be great..

#8 El Widgeon

El Widgeon

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

Just be sure to stay away from any sticker bushes. :drinks:

don't tell me what to do john... :angry:

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

:angry: I always hated that too. :drinks:

#10 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,805 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

How often do you have to mow it :signbummer8tl: . Hey nice going Been thinking of one of those. :signs1180lq:

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:21 PM

If you get one of those thumper your wife will have you mopping the floors. :signbummer8tl:

#12 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:24 PM

yep, she'll give you that left cross to knock you down, and then just kick you around. When she's done, the floor will be done too. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:25 AM

So lets see a picture of your suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users