• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

Al right ,I have been digging in the archives today and can't find what I need so I will ask , What is the best scope for a 25.06 for under $200 . bushnell has a buckmaster with a bdc reticle in 3x9x40 for about $200 what do you folks think any and all comments are welcome
There is room for all of Gods creatures...............Right next to my mashed potatos.PETA People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

I've been very impressed with a Burris Fulllfield II that I bought. Very clear optics and repeatable adjustments. The 3x9 goes for about $200 on line.
Frank
One rifle, one planet. Holland's 375
Posted Image

#3 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

Take a look at these Mueller scopes. I have a Sport Dot and am impressed for the $$$. ;) http://www.muelleroptics.com/
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#4 CLL

CLL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

I'm happy with my Bushnell Ledgend 5x15x40 Mil Dot , recently purchaced a Sightron 3x9x40 , clearest scope for the price . Customer service is apparently outstanding . I dont think you could go wrong with eithier of theese .
I might be tired from hunting , but I will never tire of hunting .49er Faithful

#5 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,832 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:41 PM

My 2 cents worth is to wait and buy some good quallity glass . Your accuracy depends on it!!. Check out a Leupold vari- x 2 3x9 x 40mm . A good scope for the money very accurate and a life time warranty. Will take years of abuse. Its a little more than you want to spend , but will make the differance when you need to make a 1/4 " adjustment @ 100 yards.. JMHO....

#6 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

Ditto on the Mueller.

#7 capitol

capitol

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

Another vote for Mueller if you want budget optics. If you just want to see an object in normal conditions a Mueller will suit you well.
Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

#8 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:41 PM

Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 w/ target dot. Also comes with target turetts if you want to use them( I don't.). About 150 more than you're wanting to spend but worth the extra cash.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#9 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:06 AM

I've got the Mueller and I've got the Buckmaster with the BDC. The one thing I really like about the Buckmaster is the side focus. But I really like both scopes. The adjustment (all adjustments) knobs seem much easier to move on my Mueller, but that could be because the Buckmaster is camo dipped.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#10 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:27 AM

I would go with the Nikon. I have one of the 6-18x40 on my Browning 25-06 and love it. I picked up mine on for about $280 shipped.

#11 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

I think this will be my next scope.http://www.eabco.com...flescope01.html
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#12 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

I'm tossing in my vote for tha Burris. They're nice n' clear and have alot of eye relief. I have a couple of them and I love them. That B-Plex reticle is handy once you get it figured out for the load you shoot. The nikons are really clear too but I don't care for the little circles that they use for thier bullet drop marks.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#13 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

I just made a bid on Ebay for a shepard v2 cross my fingers and hope !!!!! if not that then i saw a leupold for a great price but then again it is ebay Cavet emptor
There is room for all of Gods creatures...............Right next to my mashed potatos.PETA People for the Eating of Tasty Animals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users