• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:42 PM

Al right ,I have been digging in the archives today and can't find what I need so I will ask , What is the best scope for a 25.06 for under $200 . bushnell has a buckmaster with a bdc reticle in 3x9x40 for about $200 what do you folks think any and all comments are welcome

#2 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

I've been very impressed with a Burris Fulllfield II that I bought. Very clear optics and repeatable adjustments. The 3x9 goes for about $200 on line.

#3 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

Take a look at these Mueller scopes. I have a Sport Dot and am impressed for the $$$. ;) http://www.muelleroptics.com/

#4 CLL

CLL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

I'm happy with my Bushnell Ledgend 5x15x40 Mil Dot , recently purchaced a Sightron 3x9x40 , clearest scope for the price . Customer service is apparently outstanding . I dont think you could go wrong with eithier of theese .

#5 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:41 PM

My 2 cents worth is to wait and buy some good quallity glass . Your accuracy depends on it!!. Check out a Leupold vari- x 2 3x9 x 40mm . A good scope for the money very accurate and a life time warranty. Will take years of abuse. Its a little more than you want to spend , but will make the differance when you need to make a 1/4 " adjustment @ 100 yards.. JMHO....

#6 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

Ditto on the Mueller.

#7 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:41 PM

Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 w/ target dot. Also comes with target turetts if you want to use them( I don't.). About 150 more than you're wanting to spend but worth the extra cash.

#8 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:06 AM

I've got the Mueller and I've got the Buckmaster with the BDC. The one thing I really like about the Buckmaster is the side focus. But I really like both scopes. The adjustment (all adjustments) knobs seem much easier to move on my Mueller, but that could be because the Buckmaster is camo dipped.

#9 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:27 AM

I would go with the Nikon. I have one of the 6-18x40 on my Browning 25-06 and love it. I picked up mine on for about $280 shipped.

#10 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

I think this will be my next scope.http://www.eabco.com...flescope01.html

#11 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

I'm tossing in my vote for tha Burris. They're nice n' clear and have alot of eye relief. I have a couple of them and I love them. That B-Plex reticle is handy once you get it figured out for the load you shoot. The nikons are really clear too but I don't care for the little circles that they use for thier bullet drop marks.

#12 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

I just made a bid on Ebay for a shepard v2 cross my fingers and hope !!!!! if not that then i saw a leupold for a great price but then again it is ebay Cavet emptor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users