• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 basqueron

basqueron

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Retired. like to travel with hunting in mind.

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:04 AM

I go to mexico,San Felipe, on the erick for a five day trip and fish the Los Angeles Island on Pongas yearly. The fishing is great. Large variety of fish, mostly bottom with all the yellow fin you want. I take 3, 72qt ice chest with me and usually come home with them full of filled fish.I do a lot of fishing and this is trully on of the best trips I do. the variety is great and can't be beat.My usual partner cant go this year so I am looking for some one to share the ride. Boat trip this year is $850.00 for five days. 12 hour ride in my truck, split gas. two night lodging, one night before and one when we get back before ride home. I usually spend a total of $1,100.00 for the whole trip and come home with 210 qts of filled fish, and lots of good stories. This makes it one of the most productive take home, QUALLITY, fishing $/$ trips I do. Interested you can call me pn my cell 209-608-2348Ronnew member BasqueronLeave here on june 17th return on june 24

#2 onecoyote

onecoyote

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting, fishing, gold prospecting and rock collecting.

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:40 PM

I use to fish Bahia De Los Angeles and the midriffs years ago. This well make you think a little. In 1955 the big island of Tiburon ( shark) island had the Mexican government take off all the Indian inhabitants. Seems they were eating the Mexican fisherman that came to the island to fish, yes they were cannibals. Enjoy your trip and good luck.

#3 basqueron

basqueron

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:18 PM

This is my third year there and no one to be found on the islands. Have to watch the deck hands and tip the guides or who knows.

#4 onecoyote

onecoyote

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting, fishing, gold prospecting and rock collecting.

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:40 AM

basqueron, another place I use to fish in Baja was called "Variety" by a couple guys ( The late Ronnie Rock and Joe Gills ) that found the place back in the 60s. It's about 500 miles past the border and on the Pacific side.It's some of the best surf fishing in the World. What you can catch off the beach is awesome, Spotfin over 10lbs, white seabass over 60 lbs, yellowtail, black seabass, corvina, corbina and a ton of other kinds of fish. I fished it back in the 70s and 80s when it was still good, but I've heard they charge people a hunderd dollers a day to fish there now. I also predator hunted down Baja "legally" in the late 70s and 80s. you wouldn't believe it if I told you how good the predator calling is down there. Between Santa Ines " Catavina area " and the San Fernando ruins we called in over 70 animals. Mostly coyotes, but lots bobcats, gray fox along with one lion. I don't even know if they let you hunt predators down there anymore. I guess I was lucky I got to fish and hunt it when I did. The reason the islands down there have nobody on them is they all got eaten up lol.

#5 basqueron

basqueron

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:00 AM

Driving, guns, bar hopping at night, in mexico have been on the beware lisy [do not do]. Get in and get out. I wish it was diffrent but killing and people vanishing is an on going thing, even now when i drive the 150 miles it is not comfortable. Lots of good stories and places i would like to try but these people are canables as you implied but they are on the mail lands. not a comfortable place.ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users