• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:11 PM

I know a guy that loves to go badger fishing. He'll take a dead squirrel or jack and put it on a good stout rope and then throw it down a badger hole. When the badger grabs on (usually within a minute) he tries to pull him out. Those things are super strong and not willing to give up a free meal. He never shoots them just enjoys the sport. I don't know if it's legal or not but boy howdy, make sure there's a tree nearby to climb when Mr. Badger gets tired of playin'.

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 02:20 PM

That sounds like some fun. I probably would be armed with some kind of gun but I think that would be baiting? I can only imagine your friend running up a tree with a badger and a rabbit tied to him.

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Yep illegal as it would be considered baiting.. BTW have you ever been near a mad badger?? All I got to say is.... You best be a darn good runner or have a tree handy LOL..I just got one to mount and you should see the claws on this thing, never mind the jaw full of needle sharp teeth. Thank goodness they are small creatures because if they were as big as their attitude wed all be goners..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

Posted ImageJust friendly and curious! :signlol2iu:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 jim d

jim d

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:05 AM

Having been chased by one after we harassed it I learned my lesson and won't ever mess with one again. It was a good thing the pickup was close.

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

well how fast can they run.

#7 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

Fast enough I guess. A guy I work with went fishing one day. On the way back to his car a badger started chasing him. He jumped on top of his car and the badger just kept circling his car for what seemed like forever. Finally it just dissapeared. He jumped in his car as fast as he could and when he pulled back he noticed that he had parked right on top of the Badger's den.I guess they're land speed depends on if they are rally wanting a piece of your hide that bad.

#8 CLL

CLL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:49 PM

Badgers are like carp , you dont go fishing for them .
I might be tired from hunting , but I will never tire of hunting .49er Faithful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users