• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Indiana

Indiana

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:I am student teaching in February as a high school Agricuture Teacher, raise a few chickens, pigeons, and ducks, and I took up coyote hunting this fall.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:25 PM

I want to get a 218 Bee caliber gun, but I'm a little worried about reloading it. I know that originally, they made it mostly as a flat nosed bullet for lever action rifles. What I'm wondering is whether or not I can load pointed Hornady VMAX into the 218 Brass. I've never reloaded before, so this may be a very elementary question :angry: I just don't want to flat nosed ammo for it. Most of what they sell in stores in the 45 HP, which I don't think I want to use either. I want it for a coyote side arm and of course for a little fun.
IndianaI try to hunt coyotes, but it usually turns into a nature walk.

#2 Indiana

Indiana

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:I am student teaching in February as a high school Agricuture Teacher, raise a few chickens, pigeons, and ducks, and I took up coyote hunting this fall.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:16 PM

Will those modern bullets still allow it to fit into the Taurus line of revolvers?Thanks for your patience :rolleyes:

#3 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

Indy I'm sure in Hoosier Country you're OK w/a 18 Bee Pistol, but unfortunately not in Cally. What I've been told they are fairly easy to reload kinda like a Hornet. Maybe somebody w/some exp. loading a 218 will chime in. Welcome to the forum and Sorry about those Colts, I really like Manning and Co. they are a class act. Dale
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:31 AM

Indiana,You may have to adjust the seating depth to fit the revolver cylinder. Here is a link to Hogdons 218 Bee data. 218 BeeRemember start low and work up. :DGary

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 Indiana

Indiana

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:24 PM

"How do I know this? Because I had one sent to me from Texas and it was rejected"Steve, you don't remember the guy's name that you ordered that from do you? Here in Indiana, we don't have those crazy and sad restrictions on what ammo and guns we can use, although we can't hunt deer with rifles.Thanks everyone for the info. At $55 for a box of 50, I'll be reloading my second box for $10 of powder and $10 of bullets :rolleyes: give or take a couple bucks.

#6 Indiana

Indiana

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:15 PM

I've seen several of the Raging Bees for sale, but they have a 10" barrel, leaving a 16.5" gun. I've already got a rifle :D I want a side arm. Something to shoot open sights at a coyote less that 50 yards away. I wanted the Tracker b/c its smaller and more portable. The Raging I can get New in Box for under $500, but the Tracker is what I really want. I'm also thinking a bit of the money side of it, too. It should run less.

#7 Guest_Ben_*

Guest_Ben_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:52 PM

Hey what's up man, i was just wondering if you live in Indiana or if that is just your name. I lived in Evansville for 19 years and plan on moving back there this winter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users