• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

I totaly forgot to post about the Alaskan Blade trader.. Got it last week and its awesome.. Extremely sharp but havent got to use it on anything yet to see how it holds the edge. I do have a complaint though... THere is no strap to hold the knife into the scabbard.. Id be worried it would come out if you wore it on your belt. The two other blades slide in real tight but the main knife isnt as tight. Looks like eventually it would be loose in there.. Cant wait to try it out on something.. Figures I dont have any big things to work on LOL..

#2 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

Be sure you let us know how it works out for you, I have been looking at them myself. :crazy:

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:23 PM

No wonder you get the Cabelas hard bound addition. :1rock1oo:

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:10 PM

ROFLMAO Ya John Aint THAT the truth.. And when you order something you cant just order ONE measley thing right?? So I got two cool throw blankets on clearance and then hubby HAD to have the mossy oak dash cover... I swear I can never just order one small thing...

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:34 AM

:smiley_kewlpics: I know what you mean you may as well get your shipping price worth right? At least that's what I tell myself. :signgreatreport3kg:

#6 john_jcb

john_jcb

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:27 AM

One of the few benefits of living in Illinois is that Cabelas is only a few miles away and shipping is free if you pick things up at the store. I have been waiting for a back ordered sleeping bag for Winter camping for 2 months. I wonder what was wrong with the old one but those thoughts will vanish when it finally arrives.

#7 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 09 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

OH, you are making all of us Left Coasters very envious!

#8 john_jcb

john_jcb

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:54 AM

Don't be too envious. I just checked and it is -5º F outside with a wind chill of -30º F. I spent half of the day yesterday clearing a sheet of 2" ice from my driveway.To keep on track here is a link to a few Japanese hunting knives, I am tempted but have not made the plunge yet. Too many choices.http://www.japanesek...com/MCUSTA.htmlhttp://www.japanesek...om/Hattori.htmlhttp://www.japanesek...com/Page82.html

#9 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

Yea, I know what you mean about the cold. It's only suppose to be 62 this afternoon. :signs1180lq:

#10 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:49 AM

I love those Damascus blades. We used to forge our own folding the steel up to one hundred times. But I see theirs are laser cut and C&C machined. Ours were cut and ground by hand. :signs1180lq: They make a beautiful blade when they're done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users