• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 February 2008 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image22 Win Mag Speer® TNT Green™TNT Green™ brings exciting non-tox technology to CCI®, and is the latest load to bolster their extensive rimfire lineup. This lead-free bullet boasts devastating performance on game and outstanding accuracy. The initial offering in 22 Win Mag is a great load for varmint and small game hunters everywhere. With explosive expansion on impact, impressive accuracy and great terminal performance, it hits critters hard.FEATURES & BENEFITS• Explosive expansion on impact• Impressive accuracy• Lead-free projectile

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#2 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

Maybe a step in the right direction. Now need it in .22LR and .17 HMR. It will be interesting to see how they shoot.

#3 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:13 PM

Yea especially 22LR. I'm worried how my kids will learn to shoot without being able to shoot the squirrels with 22LR.

#4 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

Don't forget .204 - gotta have it in .204!

#5 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

At least it is a good start!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#6 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:07 PM

:1rock1oo: Need that in .243 too.

#7 CLL

CLL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

My guns are allergic to vegtables , so I'm not sure green ammo is going to work . As you well know this condition may exist in several firearms , leaving me to care for a gun with a disability . According to the AGDA ( American Guns with Disability's Act ) it should be noted that Lead jacketed bullets should be a steady dieatary staple for theese firearms , in the event a logical enviornmental reason with validity should comeforth , I would like to be at the forefront to implement a better bullet choice .
I might be tired from hunting , but I will never tire of hunting .49er Faithful

#8 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:05 PM

Any new information on lead free ammo? I saw the cost of Black Hills .223 and almost had a heart attack. How can anyone afford to hunt little varmints and yotes at $45.00 for 20. Looks like they'll have an over population of squirrels in the condor range areas. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:08 PM

How can that non lead ammo be so expensive. Barnes said it was comparably priced with regular lead ammo. :lol:

Time waits for no one--

#10 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:10 PM

How can that non lead ammo be so expensive. Barnes said it was comparably priced with regular lead ammo. :rofl2:

When I was picking up my new Savage 93R17 in 17HMR yesterday Randy the owner of J&R Guns in Livermore said this non lead ammo is way out there in price. He showed me some Federal CA. DFG certified non lead in 243 that he had listed at $39.99 box of 20. He also mentioned the certification is what is driving up the costs. To date he wasn't aware of any 17HMR that is CA DFG certified. :harhar1[1]:

#11 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

When I was picking up my new Savage 93R17 in 17HMR yesterday Randy the owner of J&R Guns in Livermore said this non lead ammo is way out there in price. He showed me some Federal CA. DFG certified non lead in 243 that he had listed at $39.99 box of 20. He also mentioned the certification is what is driving up the costs. To date he wasn't aware of any 17HMR that is CA DFG certified. :rofl2:

Also, you can't use rimfire ammo to take yotes anymore anyway.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:23 PM

No but you can't shoot ground squirrels, jackrabbits and other small non game creatures without non lead. You can still shoot tree squirrels and cotton tails with lead during their season.

Time waits for no one--

#13 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:32 AM

Straight from the Q&A on the DFG website:What are the regulations and options for hunting with .22 caliber or smaller rimfirefirearms?Rimfire firearms are not legal in California for hunting big game or for depredation killingof big game animals (these are primarily deer and wild pig in condor range).Rimfire firearms are legal for nongame animals (coyotes and ground squirrels primarily)and for sport hunting of small game mammals [hares (jackrabbits), cottontail, and treesquirrel]. However, for nongame animals the Commission has prohibited use of leadprojectiles in .22 rimfire or smaller firearms as part of this regulation change in condorrange.The Commission has not addressed the issue of hunting small game mammals becausethat section of the regulations was not “opened” for potential change. Therefore, hunterscan legally hunt jackrabbit, cottontail, and tree squirrel using lead projectiles, but notground squirrels in the same area. Part of the reasoning for this is that unlike nongameanimals that are hunted and usually left in the field, game species must be retrieved andnot wasted.The Department and Commission are of the understanding that non-lead projectiles forrimfire are not readily available or manufactured at this time and that the only non-leadrimfire is in .22 caliber magnum, and not for the very popular .22 short, long, or long rifle.Darren

#14 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:46 AM

Do they honestly think that most people retrive and keep Jacks? Where in the regulations does it state you must retrieve the game? I don't remember reading that part.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#15 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

Bullseye does, as he eats them! July 1st can't get here soon enough for cottontail season!Darren

#16 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

Also, you can't use rimfire ammo to take yotes anymore anyway.Darren

Darren: Thanks for the update on yotes and 17HMR, I guess the DFG hasn't updated their website yet. Well I'll just have to switch to my AR platform and buy some of the high price non lead .223 when going down in the condor range areas on my quest for yotes.

#17 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

That was pulled from the DFG website. It is under "Questions and Answers" if you want to see what all they say on there.Darren

#18 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

I heard those green ammo is very environment friendly if you miss they will grow a vegetable plant.

#19 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

:roflmao3[1]: I thought maybe a tree that one of those anti hunters could hug! :rofl2:

Time waits for no one--

#20 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

Anyone see a price on this stuff yet?

#21 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

Grafs & Sons had it for $12.39 for a box of 50. However, they are out of stock currently :rofl2: Waiting for some more to come in to order some.Darren

#22 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:25 PM

Has anyone actually seen/touched 22mag non-lead ammo yet? It is less than a week away and I still haven't seen any. Nor have I found it online and in-stock to be purchased. Nobody wanted to buy my 10/17 so I am keeping it and putting the 22mag barrel back on. I just need some frickin ammo to sight it in and use it.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#23 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

Has anyone actually seen/touched 22mag non-lead ammo yet?

I saw it announced somewhere but I can't find it either. I need some green mags to shoot in my little NAA revolver while hunting the no-lead zone.
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#24 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Here you go, green .22 mags from CCI due to arrive at MidwayUSA 6/30/08 - maybe!http://www.midwayusa...leitemid=950079
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#25 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

Looks like they won't be in stock until the 30th.

#26 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

Here you go, green .22 mags from CCI due to arrive at MidwayUSA 6/30/08 - maybe!http://www.midwayusa...leitemid=950079

Yeah, I have been watching that one for a while. They have a habit of just moving dates back further and further. They have moved the date for the Knoxx stock I wanted every month for the past 6 months.It just erks me that with July 1st less than a week away, we still can't get any non-lead rimfire.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#27 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

Look how long it took to finally get that Barnes loading book out. And then all of the corrections and additions it needed.

Time waits for no one--

#28 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

Speaking of the Barnes reloading book. Is there a digital copy online? Since they are making all the changes, I'm not sure I want the real one.

#29 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

Heck no there isn't one online. They won't give you anything for free. Try calling them for a load and they give you so little info I'd be afraid to load with it.

Time waits for no one--

#30 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

Doesn't becoming a member of their "Copper Club" gain you access to their load data?Oh, and you can leave comments for Barnes regarding the CA Lead ban! -- > http://www.barnesbul...ornia-lead-ban/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users