12 replies to this topic

#1 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:43 AM

So I am looking for a bipod for my Tikka. I was using Varmint Al style wood sticks. They work well but the Tikka is wide and flat, makes the V shaped rest a little hard to deal with. Also, when using these I have had the rifle fall a couple times. (when sitting in a tripod fashion with the rifle resting on the sticks, prone to sliding off the sticks) So, I was thinking of getting the ones that attach to the front sling bold. Would be nice to set the gun next to me in the tripod position and feel safe leaving it like that. I like the Harris style. The ability to fold the legs forward around the barrel seems like a good way to keep it out of the way. I am looking for a longer one, to use for sitting shots, mostly on hills. (not the short ones for prone) Also looking for one that will swivel as much as possible. What have you guys used? What is good/bad about them. Anyone know what Les w/ predator quest uses in his show? (first season) Looks like the harris hb25s to me. He shows the snipepod on his site, but they don't have anything over 24 inch and there is not much info on them. Hate to spend $100 and not know what I am getting. Also, anyone have a good source for bipods? (cheap- other than midway, cabelas, etc) I was leaning towards the Harris hb25-s and the hb25c-s. (c is the 27 inch ones) The Snipepod looks interesting, does not stay attached like I prefer, but it is light and looks like it will give lots of swivel. Anyone used one of these?Any help would be great!

#2 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

Harris about 80+ bucks I think. Thay are nice. Im not sure how long mine are. 12 inch. not extended and about twice that extended. I like mine. The 1st pic are not extended and the 2nd is.Attached File  1.jpg   35.73KB   7 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   29.75KB   7 downloads

#3 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

Any swivel on your Harris? Do you need it? (ever find it is hard to get your gun lined up?)

#4 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

I use the stoney point bi-pod you put a piece on your swivel and the bi-pod just snaps on and off of that part. You can buy extra attachments and put them on several guns that way one bipod will work on all your guns. I have one and it works great. Cabelas has them and I dont think they cost that much.

#5 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:42 PM

No swivs and never had a problem moving it on a runnen critter.I just set it up in the derection I think the dogs going to come. I just noticed thats a one leged rabbit. :welcomeani: :signs1242cn:

#6 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

I use the Stoney Point.Attached File  1.jpg   24.41KB   7 downloads

#7 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

Nice deer. :signs1242cn:

#8 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

Thanks neck shot at a 100 yards open range buck 12pt. Couldn't have done it without the sticks he was on the move chasing does. I should be getting it back from the taxidermist soon. Texas whitetail.

#9 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:03 PM

For "deer" hunting, I never left home without my Harris bi-pod attached to rifle. However, for day time predator hunting, my personal favorite is the Stoney Point "MonoPod" (one leg). It is faster, quieter & still steady than anything else I've used.Just another thought / optionFrank

#10 nmlhunter

nmlhunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:HUNTING, eating, HUNTING, sleeping, HUNTING..... What else is there?

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

I bought the SnipePod at the Sacramento show. Used it one time on my new .223 and liked it. Here is a linkhttps://snipepod.ipo...com/index2.html

#11 aquaelvis

aquaelvis

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:47 AM

That snipepod seems like a good unit, if it works like they say it does. Why have you only used it once? Get out there and run that thing through some harsh field tests before I drop $100! :roflmao3[1]:

#12 vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:12 AM

I use the Harris 25S bipods for doggin. The 9-13 are to short to use laying down and the legs can be locked all the way out for sitting to just peek over a ridge. All of mine also have the swivel, to hard to level gun on uneven ground without it.Mike

#13 huntnsurf

huntnsurf

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, surfing,fishing,sports,target shooting,reloading,camping

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:31 PM

Stoney point has a new style out its called the poll cat with swivel and tilt, it doesnt fold up on the gun but it attactes on and off easliy plus its inexpensive Ive used quiet a few different bipods and for yote hunting its the best around 50 bucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users