4 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

I am sitting here at home making my packing list of things I need to take for my TX hunting trip next month and I got to pondering about the scope on my rifle. I dont want to miss a shot because I am goofing with the AO on my scope. Can I just leave it set on infinate during my TX night hunts? I honestly have never even used it so I dont know. Thanks!

#2 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:20 PM

I have the solution. Just stalk the game so it is always the exact same distance from you before you shoot. :) db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

Don't worry about it, but if you want to test it go out at night in your yard and take a look see. The biggest thing I see people doing at night is trying to use to much power on their scope. Just crank it down and leave it down. The lower power will take care of the adjustable objective. plus you'll be able to find what you're looking for in your scope. :)

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

Thanks guys. I am excited about this hunt (10th and 11th) and want to make ever shot count while I am there. I especially dont want to miss the opportunity to take a shot because I have to turn the A) up or down so I can see. Jeph and I are both taking cameras, so I will report back with a story and, hopefully, pictures!!

#5 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:15 PM

If I remember correctly non AO scopes have the parallax set at 150 yds. Gary

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users