23 replies to this topic

#1 CLL

CLL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:49 PM

http://www.dfg.ca.go...ishdescrip.htmlHeres a link to this years fees , just trying to make life easier .

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

Holy Freaking cow.. Look at all them fees... Is it me or did that fishing license just go way up?

#3 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

I guess that the days of a cane pole at the local pond are gone, fishing has become the provence of the wealthy.I have to but for a family of four and that adds up to too much for me. I understand fees but this looks like gougeing. It is a sad day , thats for sure. but then so are the days of sitting in grandads field with a .22 shooting crows and squirells I would be interested in seeing the numbers that Fish and game use to determine the fees we pay,

#4 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

Remember that kids under 16 don't need a license

#5 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

True i forgot about that but still one for me and one for the wife Plus stamps that is still a chunk of cash

#6 CLL

CLL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

My local fishing spot , Surf Beach , is now off limits , some type of reserve or preserve . So as fees increase , fishing areas decrease . If the state would work at opening more fishing access , could it possibly counteract over fishing ? I live about 10 miles from the Pacific ,but to fish , I must travel 30 + miles . Although this may not be a major impact to me , there are some people that simply cannot take their families fishing, adding up travel expence and so forth . It used to be a nice thing to go fish for a few hours on an uncrowded beach . Now I get to travel farther to fish with more people . I just dont get it .

#7 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:41 AM

Yea I bought my new license and with all the bells a whistles it was $57. More money for the fishing areas getting more restrictive and the fish getting fewer and smaller. Sounds like my stock portfolio. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#8 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

yea prices are going up. They should cut military and veterans a break like most other states.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

I wouldn't mind so much if the monies went to Fish & Game. But they go into the states general fund to be squandered by the idiots at the Capitol. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#10 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

I wouldn't mind so much if the monies went to Fish & Game. But they go into the states general fund to be squandered by the idiots at the Capitol. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

And therein lies the rub.......Same thing in Washington and Oregon. They're stealing it from us to buy someone else's vote. Here in Oregon the state has taken to planting the smallest trout you can imagine. They started collecting a fee for shellfish but they do absolutely nothing to enhance the fishery. This what happens when you get Democrats running things.

#11 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:41 AM

It would be nice if the Feds would step in and say if you're license fee's go into a general fund not specifically earmarked for Fish and Game then you lose all federal funding for any conservation projects. That might change the attitude of these idiots.

#12 jim d

jim d

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

Now we get to pay more for the privlege to fish---our money goes to the genaral fund---a federal judge has told the DFG that they now have to file enviromental impact reports before they can plant fish in Calif. waters---this all seems to me that as sportsmen in this state we are again getting the raw end of the deal just like we did when we had to pay for striper stamps and no one can account for all that money. :signbummer8tl: jim d

#13 chickenfried

chickenfried

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:42 PM

I'm beginning to regret my buddy getting me back into fishing. Man that's steep. Looks like I'm stuck paying it though, got a brand new rod and reel. What's so new about the second rod stamp?"New for 2008Second Rod Stamp"

#14 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:53 AM

Yea what really chaps my hide is they close huge sections of our coast, make the rules nearly impossible to understand, and then raise the fees. One thing I've learned is that Spear Fishing is much better than pole fishing on the coast anymore. I watched my brother in law come out of the ocean with a big Ling. The game warden on the beach totally ignored us and went over to a guy that had no fish but was pole fishing. I go out fishing with poles on a boat and the coast guard boards us. If I go out with scuba gear no one bothers me.

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

And to distinguish between some of the fish you can and can't keep you almost need to be a fisheries biologist. They don't cut you any slack either. I've watched the wardens sit at the ramp and write ticket after ticket.

#16 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:10 AM

I'm beginning to regret my buddy getting me back into fishing. Man that's steep. Looks like I'm stuck paying it though, got a brand new rod and reel. What's so new about the second rod stamp?"New for 2008Second Rod Stamp"

It's not new but there are some new areas that you can use two poles, namely the delta out to I think the Martinez bridge.

#17 Stick'em

Stick'em

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

what i don't get is how all the illegals i've seen fishing on the jetties never get harassed..this reminds me of a time i went with a couple buddies & their girlfriends surf fishing in ventura..it was a really slow day with maybe a couple perch caught & when we were packin up the girls wanted to learn how to cast..so without bait we let themflick a couple out..well when we get back to the car there she stood, the most power happy &itch you could ever run into..she met us in a defensive posture with her hand on her gun as if she was gettin ready to draw at the slightest lie..keep in mind i'm the only one with a license..she begins to tell us she was watching from a far for quite some time & wanted to only see the girls fishing licenses..at one point my dad tried to stand up for my friends girlfriends by saying they were just practicing their casting..again she grabbed for her gun & told him to stand down..you could only really laugh at this pointbecause she is treating us like gang members(completely nonsensical)..long story shorter,my two friends didnt get tickets even though they were fishing without a license but their girlfriends each got $750.00 tickets for casting into the ocean..i think you could probably go 180mph through a school zone & not get a $750.00 ticket..

#18 sportyg

sportyg

Sportyg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, hunting, Football, playing backgammon,& music

Founder: Hunters Helping Hunters
    www.huntershelpinghuntersUSA.org
    LM:NAHC

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:35 PM

Gee I'm looking at $55.40 X 3 $166.20 I don't know about this.. since when is the second rod stamp new ???I may have to tell the little mrs no license for her..

#19 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

If you fish off of a pier then you don't need a license and you can use 2 poles if your fishing in the ocean that is.

#20 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:52 AM

I understand that Arnie has asked for a legislator in the assembly to introduce a bill to require stainless steel safes for the secure storage of fishing rods under four feet in length. Rods under four feet have been declared to be Handi-rods. If they are equiped with an electric powered reel they will be considered assault rods and have to be registered with the DOJ. If a child under 12 years of age steals your handi-rod, and you didn't have it properly locked in a stainless steel safe, you will be required to attend remedial fishing classes and fined $750. Call Arnie and urge him to veto AB6996. :pirashoot:

#21 atavuss

atavuss

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:55 AM

if you stop and think about it the price of a license is cheap entertainment. figure out the cost of going to a movie lately? how about dinner out? I fish a lot for trout in the local lakes and my license provides many a good time for myself.

#22 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:17 AM

Lmaooo Sounds like Schwartzenkennedy!Its kinda sad though, that to fish, its gonna cost about $5 a Month.... I think when Cable TV first came out, thats about what it cost..

#23 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:05 AM

There is probably more animals and fish on cable TV too. :flag:

#24 jim d

jim d

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

With the way that everything is going up in price if I was alot younger I would be thinking of buying one of each hunting/fishing lifetime license.--jim d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users