• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

http://kershawknives...tails.php?id=19 I saw this on TV and was curious if anyone happens to have one.. I have a simular one I use in the kitchen with changeble blades. So was looking at this one for my hunting pack, it has a neat blade with the gut hook, saw blade and regular blade...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,393 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

Not that particular one but I have several Kershaw knives. I have one I carry everywhere with a self opening feature. Very nice for one handed use. I'm pretty good at sharpening a knife too and these things keep a great edge.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:40 AM

I'll second that one John. I've carried carried a Kershaw Ken Onion folding self opener now for about 5 years and I wouldn't be without it. It takes a quick edge and holds it. It cleans fish, field dresses, skins, and cuts steak at BBQs, sometimes all in the same day! Best knife I've ever owned.Dan
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#4 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:22 AM

I have the blade trader but it's not the Alaskan model and I like it.
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

So I guess the question here is "When are you getting it, Rae?"

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

LMAO Ya IM probably going to get it.. I really like it.. Not sure when.
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#7 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

I have an old Kershaw too and it went through a pig before having to sharpen it. Keeps a great edge!!!

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Well I am ordered it thru Cabelas :signlol2iu: ANd its was only 39.99 So saved 30.00 ... Thats quite a savings dont ya think? Soo it should be here in about 3 to 6 days... Cant wait to try it out :doh[1]: Ill let you know if its nice or not :)

#9 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:42 PM

My buddy has that same one and loves it. I have used it and you would never know that the blades are interchangable.

#10 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:12 PM

CH, I saw that advertised on the OutDoor Channel -- let me know what you think when you get it. Was looking at something that was more copact to take to Wyoming this year (if I get drawn). As a side nte, I'm a huge Kershaw fan...they are extremely sharp out of the box and have skinned my bear and hogs with it.
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#11 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

That is where I saw it too! Then went to the website and it was priced at 69.99 thru Kershaw.. Was ordering a dash cover for hubbys truck today checked for knives and they had the exact same one for 39.99 LOL.. IM thrilled :signs1180lq: Glad to know its a good set :) I have a gerber set that I use in the kitchen that has blades that change out and I do like it, but its blades are not made for skinning and such. Cant wait to try it out, SPecially that hook. Showed on the commercial it would split a hide easy.. I sure hope so :)

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

Those gut hooks work great. You'll need to get a round diamond hone to keep it razor sharp. I've got one I really like and use it to sharpen all of my friends knives when I visit. It folds up and fits in your pocket. It surprises me the number of people that can't sharpen a knife. :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

I've got one I really like and use it to sharpen all of my friends knives when I visit.

Come by for a visit, I will lay all my knives out! :signs1180lq:

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Don't laugh I have people that expect it when I get there. I may have to break out my big diamond stones I bought last year and take a picture of them to show you. But don't tell my wife because those 8 inch stones were expensive! :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--

#15 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

I have a blade trader not the same but its a Kershaw. Had it for over 25 years now . Thay do keep a good edge and it gutted and cleend a lot of critters still in my deer hunting back pack ready to go. Awsome steak and BBQ knife. It has a bone saw, fillit and hunting blade with a gut hook . Buy it you will like it.. :)
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users