• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

http://kershawknives...tails.php?id=19 I saw this on TV and was curious if anyone happens to have one.. I have a simular one I use in the kitchen with changeble blades. So was looking at this one for my hunting pack, it has a neat blade with the gut hook, saw blade and regular blade...

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

Not that particular one but I have several Kershaw knives. I have one I carry everywhere with a self opening feature. Very nice for one handed use. I'm pretty good at sharpening a knife too and these things keep a great edge.

#3 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:40 AM

I'll second that one John. I've carried carried a Kershaw Ken Onion folding self opener now for about 5 years and I wouldn't be without it. It takes a quick edge and holds it. It cleans fish, field dresses, skins, and cuts steak at BBQs, sometimes all in the same day! Best knife I've ever owned.Dan

#4 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:22 AM

I have the blade trader but it's not the Alaskan model and I like it.

#5 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

So I guess the question here is "When are you getting it, Rae?"

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

LMAO Ya IM probably going to get it.. I really like it.. Not sure when.

#7 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:45 PM

I have an old Kershaw too and it went through a pig before having to sharpen it. Keeps a great edge!!!

#8 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:03 PM

Well I am ordered it thru Cabelas :signlol2iu: ANd its was only 39.99 So saved 30.00 ... Thats quite a savings dont ya think? Soo it should be here in about 3 to 6 days... Cant wait to try it out :doh[1]: Ill let you know if its nice or not :)

#9 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:42 PM

My buddy has that same one and loves it. I have used it and you would never know that the blades are interchangable.

#10 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:12 PM

CH, I saw that advertised on the OutDoor Channel -- let me know what you think when you get it. Was looking at something that was more copact to take to Wyoming this year (if I get drawn). As a side nte, I'm a huge Kershaw fan...they are extremely sharp out of the box and have skinned my bear and hogs with it.

#11 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

That is where I saw it too! Then went to the website and it was priced at 69.99 thru Kershaw.. Was ordering a dash cover for hubbys truck today checked for knives and they had the exact same one for 39.99 LOL.. IM thrilled :signs1180lq: Glad to know its a good set :) I have a gerber set that I use in the kitchen that has blades that change out and I do like it, but its blades are not made for skinning and such. Cant wait to try it out, SPecially that hook. Showed on the commercial it would split a hide easy.. I sure hope so :)

#12 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:32 PM

Those gut hooks work great. You'll need to get a round diamond hone to keep it razor sharp. I've got one I really like and use it to sharpen all of my friends knives when I visit. It folds up and fits in your pocket. It surprises me the number of people that can't sharpen a knife. :signs1180lq:

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

I've got one I really like and use it to sharpen all of my friends knives when I visit.

Come by for a visit, I will lay all my knives out! :signs1180lq:

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,588 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Don't laugh I have people that expect it when I get there. I may have to break out my big diamond stones I bought last year and take a picture of them to show you. But don't tell my wife because those 8 inch stones were expensive! :signs1180lq:

#15 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

I have a blade trader not the same but its a Kershaw. Had it for over 25 years now . Thay do keep a good edge and it gutted and cleend a lot of critters still in my deer hunting back pack ready to go. Awsome steak and BBQ knife. It has a bone saw, fillit and hunting blade with a gut hook . Buy it you will like it.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users