• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

I love my sticks. Couldn't go back to the training wheel bows if I tried. :) I used to shoot the bowtech's and switched to hoyt just before I quit shooting compounds. Both are terrific bows. I like my longbows and recurves now though. You just can't beat 200 fps or less and no let off!!!

DITTO thats all I shoot too. I like my old AMF red wing 70lbs not for sissies ;) :smiley_kewlpics:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#32 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

Grew up in Iowa learning to shoot recurves (my 1st was a Bear 40 pounder) but when I retired from the military, I took up shooting compounds. I used to shoot for Mathews Semi Pro division at most of the IBO tournaments using a Conquest II in the Open classes. Those were the fun years till my hunting disease started up again so I gave up the tournament thing. I've taken numerous deer, bobcats and coyotes with a Mathews 70lb. Legacy. I sold that bow to a friend and bought a BowTech 70lb. Extreme VFT and now I have a custom BowTech 70lb. Allegience in Mossy Oak Brush camo. So far, I've shot 9 coyotes with this bow in ranges from 11 to 88 yards. I still shoot my stick bow and recurve (a Black Widow Hunter and PSE Coyote) to remind myself of where I came from.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#33 yunggun

yunggun

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:22 AM

I shoot a '06 bowtech tribute and i love it. I've had 2 bowtechs and they were both great. very smooth, fast, and quiet.

#34 SCTrojanHunter

SCTrojanHunter

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Archery, guns, boating and just about anything else that involves the outdoors.<br /><br />FIGHT ON TROJANS!!

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

Mathews LX. Had it for a few years now. Great for taking down Javelina in Arizona. Looking to shoot hogs in the Central Coast now.Mathews has a couple of new bows out in the last two years that are compact and very nice to shoot....smooth....Scott
FIGHT ON TROJANS!!!

#35 archerjohn

archerjohn

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I BOW HUNT AND I ALSO HUNT WITH A 17 &amp; 243 FOR PREDATORS ,PIG AND DEER

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

i shoot mathews .. all bows listed are good. mission bows are maethews just like savage an stevens. your best bet is to go to a go shop an try all the bows you can. what works or feel best to me my not to you. dont know were you are if in socal in fullerton is hi-tech archery they carry all brands an you can try all .best imfo i can give is take your time picking an you will get one that you love to shot if you dont it will be hard to shoot good an you wont like archery .if you arecomfortable with your bow. robin hoods become your curse have done12 in the past year.good luck an happy shooting

#36 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

I just purchased a Martin Jaguar Magnum and I love it so far but this is my first bow so I really don't know any better. I do like shooting it though. My buddy challenged me today to hit an ammo box at the distance of my choosing. I chose 40 yds, go big or go home. Hit it on the first shot.Posted Image

#37 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

:hellohello9il: i shoot a hoyt mt sport hoyt dont make em any more but they are great shooters.also look at the new bear bows made for primos, i shot one at the bow rack in redding and they are nice, smooth,light and fairly fast, easy on the pocket book to. bow was around $500 new less sights and arrows.
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users