• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bumper

bumper

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Soaring, flying, machinist, welding, inventing tools and things mechanical and electronics . . . oh, and shooting.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

Got a FX3 at Cabela's. Charged the battery and tried it out. When pushing buttons on the remote the LCD sometimes goes blank within seconds. However, pushing buttons again will often turn it back on and get it to work properly. Sometimes, after putting remote down, it will auto turn-off shortly. Other times the remote display will stay lit while it tries to run the battery down. Anyone else have this problem? Remote on/off is not mentioned in the distruction manual. Guess I could call 'em on Monday. Or, take it back and get another? (any excuse for a trip to Cabela's).bumper

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

The remotes do go to sleep you have to wake them to change sounds. It's the one thing I don't care for in the remote. But it works plenty far away and I can read the numbers easily. I'd call FoxPro and they'll tell you what to do. Or just take it back to Cabela's. If you send it into FoxPro I'm sure you could get them to change some sounds for you too.

#3 bumper

bumper

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Soaring, flying, machinist, welding, inventing tools and things mechanical and electronics . . . oh, and shooting.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

Okay, it's goofed, so will take it back to Cabela's - - there and Sportsman's Warehouse is the only reason I'll go to Reno without serious prodding.Is it worthwhile to upgrade for the FX5? Quite a bit more $.bumper

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

It is more money but you get more sounds not that you'd need them. But you get a fancier remote with a timer built into it. It's hard for my eyes to read the FX5's LED remote but it is a nice piece of equipment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users