6 replies to this topic

#1 ducefour

ducefour

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

Im looking for a little flash light that is very powerful..i have a mini mag light thats not l.e.d but looking for sumthing a little bit stronger but that wont break my bank...Suggestions please and should i go l.e.d. or not???thanks

#2 Christopher

Christopher

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:55 PM

you cant go wrong with surefire,LED or standard,lots of upgrades!!!!!!!!battle tested!!!

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,793 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:01 PM

Do a search for watchmaker's posts. He has made some terrific posts with lots of pictures of lights in action. Great posts.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#4 SSB

SSB

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:27 PM

The home depot has a nice selection of LED lights. i bought one with 9 white, 1 red for map reading, $25Tough as nails

#5 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

Im looking for a little flash light that is very powerful..i have a mini mag light thats not l.e.d but looking for sumthing a little bit stronger but that wont break my bank...Suggestions please and should i go l.e.d. or not???thanks

Fenix T1 225 Lumens21 LED Light Cannon $7.95 Uses 3 AAAHere are the two I use. Both are LED.

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#6 keale73

keale73

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:54 AM

I agree, I use an LED light from Home Depot and it is great. Batteries last forever and are also included(3 AAA's). I have one in each vehicle and use one at work every day!

#7 Flaccid Barrel

Flaccid Barrel

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:54 AM

Agree with the Surefire recommendation.G2 incandescent $35G2 LED $65.I absolutely love my G2 and caryy it everywhere I go at night. Palm-sized and fits in your pockets. Downside of the incandescent bulb is that it only lasts 60 minutes per set of special lithium batteries. And they are not cheap (about $1.75 each by mail order).The LED has better battery life, at 12 hours per set of batteries. With LED you get longer battery life, a more durable and hardier bulb but you sacrifice certain colors of the spectrum and acuity of the beam focus. Even the "white" LEDs tend to have a color bias (they tend towards the blue). You get used to it after a while.Overall LED vs. incandescent is a trade-off.I couldn't make up my mind, so I bought both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users