8 replies to this topic

#1 advantage1one

advantage1one

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:12 AM

Anyone have any suggestions for a compact (short) scope to be used on a short receiver kel-tec .223? I see many off brands that don't cost much but I'm afraid the quality won't be there. Looking to spend $200-$300...thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

Well, first advantage, welcome to the CPC... Hope you like it here.2nd, my advice on compact scopes is.... DON'T ! I had one (a quality Leupold brand) & will never do it again. Even in fair to good light you will not be able to see nearly as well as with the larger, standard size scopes. Not too mention if in poor light how much worse they would be.Anyway, JMHO, and good luckFrank

#3 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:18 PM

I have the Kel-Tec. You need to buy removable rings so you can remove the scope for cleaning. Don't go to cheap though.

#4 woodog

woodog

Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Open Field Coursing and hunting.

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

I have a MicroDot 30 on my Keltec and it has held up well, but don't expect to shoot over 100 yards with a x1 red dot scope. Great for heavy cover though.SteveHMake that an UltraDot 30.
Maricopa in the Southern San Joaquin Valley

#5 ducefour

ducefour

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

welcome to the forums...i just got a kel tech su-16A and i put a Burris XTS-135 1X - 30mm Tube Matte Xtreme Tactical SpeedDot and it wrks great and i paid 229 bucks for it on optics planet.comyou should check it out

#6 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,779 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

I've been using a Burris Compact 4-12 X for some time. It works well and has some extra eye relief if you wanted to use it on a light rifle with a mag cartridge. It seems that Burris has replaced it with a 4.5-14 X, now.Burris Compact Scopes

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#7 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

Check out the BURRIS SHORT MAG. scopes, they are the best I have found in your price range.,,,300wsm

#8 advantage1one

advantage1one

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:40 AM

Thanks to everyone for their replies...much appreciated. Your advice is much appreciated.

#9 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,151 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:02 AM

I have Burris Short Mag scopes on several guns. A couple on Contender pistols and one of my AR's. They work great with plenty of eye relief.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users