3 replies to this topic

#1 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:07 AM

My FOXPRO unit is malfunctioning when downloading sounds from my computer onto the 416B unit. I purchased 16 sounds from the web site and put them on CD. No problems here. I'm following the directions to the "T" using the PG-1A programmer. Sounds 1-8 play perfectly for all 30 seconds after programing them. The problem is that when I record a sound on position 1, it records onto position 1 AND position 9. Also: Position 2 records onto position 2 AND 10. Position 3 records onto position 3 AND 11. Position 4 records onto position 4 AND 12. Position 5 records onto position 5 AND 13. Position 6 records onto position 6 AND 13. Position 9 records onto the second half of position 1. Position 10 records onto the second half of position 2. And so forth. It messes with the dial position exactly opposite of the dial position being recorded onto. The dial is NOT loose, it functions fine. The result was utter confusion at first. So I re-recorded the whole thing, mixing up some of the sounds. Same thing happened. I tried it again, and again, each time I'd record the sound, unplug the unit, turn it off, then test the sound. I spent 3 HOURS last night trying to figure out what the heck is going wrong, and it's driving me absolutely NUTS. As a result of the sounds recording in the wrong places, some of the original sounds on my unit that I wanted to keep have been recorded over. I'll have to purchase about 6 sounds to replace them. Can somebody PLEASE help me? Is my unit broken?

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:13 AM

Call FoxPro and they can tell you what's up. :unsure:

#3 QUADMAN

QUADMAN

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:52 AM

Stiffneck,I have the FX3, so I can't assist with your specific issue. I would call (not email) Mike Dillon or one of his tech's at Foxpro. I know there way behind in the shop, but they are usually very responsive. You could request help through their website, but again they are way behind with production. I think they are changng servers again a well. Good luck.Mike

#4 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:37 PM

I replaced all the batteries with brand new ones even though the old ones still had juice in them. Now it works fine. I guess I need to order 16 more sounds to replace the ones that I lost... When it works right, it's REALLY easy to record new sounds onto the unit from your computer/CD. WOW, no need to buy a 32 sound unit if you can just swap out the sounds for different seasons or hunts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users