• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:10 PM

I was curious if anyone else had run into this problem... While hunting in Colorado at about 11,000 elevations 30 below zero one time and 9 below zero the 2cd time... Snow on the ground.I had my caller switch sounds on me without anyone touching the remote or the unit..Once I was sitting with it out in front of me.. Remote was in the truck.. It swicthed from Jack... to cottontail to snowshoe hare..maybe not in the exact order.. It would be calling for a few minutes, then it switched, then switched again...Then did the exact same thing on another set. Could other radio frequencies cause this. As there are some big microwave towers in the area... I dont think anyone else was out there as it was pretty remote and anyone withen range youd think we would have seen them or at least a vehicle parked somewhere. Or could it have been the cold? Maybe snow got in it or something? It was sitting on the ground in the snow...It hasnt done it again since, I even played it for 20 mins here at home and it never switched. Anyone else have this issue?

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

Could other radio frequencies cause this. As there are some big microwave towers in the area... I dont think anyone else was out there as it was pretty remote and anyone withen range youd think we would have seen them or at least a vehicle parked somewhere.......

I don't have one yet but I'd be willing to bet that it was an interferance problem..............or some well camoed hunters that were having one hell of a chuckle. :) Hope you had a set of hand calls. I'm a firm believer that no hunter should ever totaly depend on anything electronic to aim a weapon or call a critter.

#3 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

I haven't been in that cold of weather with mine. Don't intend to either. I would suggest giving Foxpro a call. They have probably run into it before.

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:29 PM

Yep I had my hand calls as well LOL.. Funny thing is the first time it happened the remote was in the truck with hubby.. And I thought he was playing with it..Son said he must be since we weent even touching the unit... I actually called him on the radio and told him to stop messing with my remote.. LOL... He checked and it was still it my bag.. The 2cd time I had the remote on my call lanyard so knew there was no mistake of someone pushing it or setting on it etc.. I wonder if my hand radio might have caused it. It was on but not in use... sooo. who knows.. Maybe Ill give foxpro a call just to check. Id hate to be in the middle of a good call and then have it switch to some moose call or something LOL.. YA I see that working real well.. Coyote would be all what the heck is that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users