• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

Here's a recipe that I kind of made up today as I went along. It does a really good job of making to really gamey flavor of a duck.1 or 2 ducks, 1 large yellow onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 3 strips of fatty baconfor the blackberry sauce: 1/2 cup of red wine, 1/2 cup of seedless blackberry jam, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 tablespoons brown sugarfor marinade: tobasco sauce, red wine or apple cider vinegar, lemon pepper, water..............................................................................soak fillets in cold salty water for a few hours, Drain water Splash meat with tobasco sauce, sprinkle with lemon pepper, add redwine or apple cider vinegar plus a little water to take some of the bite off the vineger and tobasco, Let marinate overnight.cube meat into small chunks keep seperate. mince garlic cloves, chop onions into 1/8 wedges . Mix red wine, blackberry jam, brown suger and cinnamon in seperate containerOK here we go.Cook bacon until crispy then remove them from the pansaute onions and garlic in bacon fat until onions are softtoss in the duck cubes and just sear the outside for a couple secondsturn down the heat to simmer add the sauce and put the bacon back in let it simmer for ten or so minuits. That's it. I'm useually not a big fan of duck but I could eat this stuff all day! :signs1180lq:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,013 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

It sounds berry berry good. :signs1180lq:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

Sounds tasty....

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#4 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,833 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

sounds great. I wonder how coyote would taste??

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

That sounds good. Congratulations, you are now "Chef Feathercloud"! :smiley-funny-post-sign:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#6 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:57 PM

That sounds great & I'm going to try it out Wednesday night. After I read this post, I took a Sprig out of the freezer.I normally just roast my ducks, but I am looking for new ways to mix it up.

soak fillets in cold salty water for a few hours, Drain water

You can also soak the fillets in salt water for 2-3 days, changing out the salt water 1 or 2x's a day. You would be suprised on how this process draws the blood from the meat & changes the end result.Thanks & I'll let you know how it comes out.

#7 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,185 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:46 AM

SO does it taste like duck or a black berry?

#8 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

Hey Chef, could you use some more blackberry jam? Wife picked a bunch of berries from the bushes on the property and made some really good blackberry jam a few months ago. We still have several jars in the freezer and I know she'll be making even more this summer. Also, do you want me to bring you some of these venison peppersticks?
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#9 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

Heck yeah I want some homemade jam! Thanks for the offer of the pepper sticks but this year I had my whole deer minus the backstraps turned into pepper sticks.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#10 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Not a problem Wes, you can just send them to me. I don't have any pepper sticks, and will put them to good use.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#11 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

Braz, if you want to meet me over in Williams sometime around 2 or 3pm on the 31st of this month, I'll be happy to bring some to you! :drinks:

#12 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,769 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:29 PM

You know, I may just take you up on that. Be good to meet you.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#13 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

It would be good to meet you too! Just let me know so I can be sure to throw some extra peppersticks in the truck. Hopefully they make it there... :drinks: :signlol2iu:

#14 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

dang, all this writing and reading of recipes is making me hungry...I think the CPC could start their own Wild Game cooking show on the Outdoor Channel...wait...we WOULD own the OutDoor Channel...from tips and techniques to hunting then the end prize...EATING!!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,013 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

I make you project manager Randy.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#16 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Honor rcv'd! LOL...