• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

My new shotgun finally came in this afternoon! :signtripledogdare2wf: It's a Remington 870 Combo. Has both a 28" vent rib barrel & a 23" fully rifled slug barrel with cantilever scope mount. Came with a sling, a modified choke for the 28" barrel, choke wrench, trigger lock, a pack of RemOil wipes, & fiberoptic sights for the vent rib barrel. I'm planning on mounting a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 3-9x40 scope (model 71-3947) on it and eventually replacing the stock with a Hogue. Despite popular belief, it WILL become my 200-yard-capable slug gun! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I also attached a pic of the Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .30-06 with a Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x40 that I picked up recently. I REALLY need to get out to the range! :roflmao3[1]:

Attached Files

#2 keale73

keale73

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

Nice slug gun!! Have you ever thought about a KNOXX stock for it? I know guys that have them and they say it's like shooting a 20ga instead of a 12ga!! I would not be afraid to shoot 200 with a scope on that gun :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: :signtripledogdare2wf:

#3 SSB

SSB

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

Very nice! I also have the 870 and slug barrel for hunting deer in Delaware. I remember while hunting thinking about how i might actually shoot at one, finding myself 10 yard back from where i fired it laying on my sore arse.What do you plan on 200 yd with it?

#4 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:08 AM

What do you plan on 200 yd with it?

Mainly deer, coyotes, & bobcats. But maybe even a cougar or a bear if I get lucky enough to have one come in while I'm calling. I picked up 2 boxes of cheap Federal slugs to get me on paper and I'll be ordering a few boxes of Hornady SST's to do my fine tuning & hunting.

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:08 PM

Nice guns That browning 30-06 should be a good shooter.DID santa clause drop a big sack of cash on your house WOW you have a lot of toys :roflmao3[1]:

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

Oh please... You must have received a big sack of cash too because I've seen some of your toys! :harhar1[1]: Actually, I sold a shotgun, a rifle, & a pistol to help afford the new toys. I need to replace the pistol I sold but I'm going to hold off on that until my work schedule picks back up in a couple months.

#7 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:01 PM

Nice toys . I bet that you will have no problems getting that thing to hit at 200yds. Do you thing a slug might be a littls small for yotes :harhar1[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users