• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

My new shotgun finally came in this afternoon! :signtripledogdare2wf: It's a Remington 870 Combo. Has both a 28" vent rib barrel & a 23" fully rifled slug barrel with cantilever scope mount. Came with a sling, a modified choke for the 28" barrel, choke wrench, trigger lock, a pack of RemOil wipes, & fiberoptic sights for the vent rib barrel. I'm planning on mounting a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 3-9x40 scope (model 71-3947) on it and eventually replacing the stock with a Hogue. Despite popular belief, it WILL become my 200-yard-capable slug gun! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I also attached a pic of the Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .30-06 with a Leupold VX-III 3.5-10x40 that I picked up recently. I REALLY need to get out to the range! :roflmao3[1]:

Attached Files

Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#2 keale73

keale73

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

Nice slug gun!! Have you ever thought about a KNOXX stock for it? I know guys that have them and they say it's like shooting a 20ga instead of a 12ga!! I would not be afraid to shoot 200 with a scope on that gun :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: :signtripledogdare2wf:

#3 SSB

SSB

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:48 PM

Very nice! I also have the 870 and slug barrel for hunting deer in Delaware. I remember while hunting thinking about how i might actually shoot at one, finding myself 10 yard back from where i fired it laying on my sore arse.What do you plan on 200 yd with it?

#4 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:08 AM

What do you plan on 200 yd with it?

Mainly deer, coyotes, & bobcats. But maybe even a cougar or a bear if I get lucky enough to have one come in while I'm calling. I picked up 2 boxes of cheap Federal slugs to get me on paper and I'll be ordering a few boxes of Hornady SST's to do my fine tuning & hunting.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#5 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:08 PM

Nice guns That browning 30-06 should be a good shooter.DID santa clause drop a big sack of cash on your house WOW you have a lot of toys :roflmao3[1]:

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

Oh please... You must have received a big sack of cash too because I've seen some of your toys! :harhar1[1]: Actually, I sold a shotgun, a rifle, & a pistol to help afford the new toys. I need to replace the pistol I sold but I'm going to hold off on that until my work schedule picks back up in a couple months.

#7 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:01 PM

Nice toys . I bet that you will have no problems getting that thing to hit at 200yds. Do you thing a slug might be a littls small for yotes :harhar1[1]:
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users