• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jacobpaschall

jacobpaschall

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Interested in all things to do with accurate rifles. Use to competition benchrest shoot (NBRSA). Avid varmint hunter and handloader. Have all kinds of varmint guns, from facotry to fully custom.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:33 PM

After many of us ordered the Western Rivers Spotlight, we all noticed that the battery it came with only lasted about 45 minutes. Unless I am only doing one stand, 45 minutes is not enough time for most of my hunts. After much debate and looking at countless batties I decided on the 20 amp one that is on Interstate Batteries website. It sells for $75. I rigged up my light with an old power cord and some claps I got at Radio Shack. It works perfectly. I fully charged the battery and tested the spotlight to see how long it would last on a single charge. After 4 hours of continuous light I had to leave the house so I turned it off. After 4 straight hours, the light was still going just as bright as the first minute. I'm assuming this battery will power the spotlight much longer than I will ever need. The battery itself is not very big either. It weighs under 9 pounds and is about the same size as three of the batteries the spotlight came with if you stacked the next to each other. It's only about 6"x5"x3". I attatched a picture so you can take a look.Attached File  1.jpg   19.74KB   17 downloads

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,497 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 05:42 PM

It looks good to me Jacob nice job.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 DEERSLAM

DEERSLAM

Hunting 365 days a year...in my mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:Family and hunting

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:39 AM

Very cool Jacob :roflmao3[1]: My light went back to Western Rivers and I'm waiting to hear from them.
MIKETEAM .204"Had God not intended for humans to hunt, he would not have made animals out of meat."

#4 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

And I'm waiting to hear your report also Mike. But I sure like that battery Jacob got. A bit more than I want to spend, but sure like the idea of 4+ hours on the light.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,497 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:48 PM

Here a better price for a bit more weight but a bunch more time. 6volt 33 AH. $29.95http://www.batteryma...id-battery.html

Time waits for no one--

#6 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:05 PM

That is a good price. Now, how do we go about charging it? They have a charger, but want $50. Is there something better. I'll have to do some googling.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#7 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,497 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 09:22 AM

You can use the charger that came with your light. Just make up a connector to charge it through.

Time waits for no one--

#8 jacobpaschall

jacobpaschall

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Interested in all things to do with accurate rifles. Use to competition benchrest shoot (NBRSA). Avid varmint hunter and handloader. Have all kinds of varmint guns, from facotry to fully custom.

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

I am using the charger the spotlight came with, but remember; it takes 10 hours to charge the 4 amp battery so it will take several days to charge a 30+ amp battery. I just made an adapter out of an RCA jack to charge the battery so I didn't have to cut up the charger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users