• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:51 PM

If you LEO's are so concerened with upholding the law, why arn't you deporting the illegal Mexicans, seems the LEO's pick and choose the laws you want to enforce. Deporting illegals costs money,busting tax paying americans makes you money.That is the bottom line.,,300wsm

WOW. So if a person is a tax paying American who is committing crimes they should not be arrested? So the next time I get a call to look for the hard working, tax paying American, who has just bounced his car off four parked cars, maybe yours, and hit the kid on a bike, again maybe yours, because he was drunk, I should go look for an Illegal Alien to deport instead? OMG. But I would guess if the drunk driver was an Illegal Alien that would be a 2fer right? And I guess it also stands to reason if we spent our time deporting Illegal Aliens the hard working, tax paying, American criminals would have nothing to worry about!

#32 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for varmints, two and four legged varieties, deer, pigs, birds, reloading, and fishing.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:53 PM

OK, please un-confuse me. I am under the impression that any high capacity mag built prior to the ban is legal to own and use in CA. So, how do I tell if the mag is pre-ban? I have access to a couple of 30 round AR15 mags that were discarded by the military in the 80's.Thanks

See what you started, I blame you for this. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#33 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:50 AM

See what you started, I blame you for this. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Funny, last night I decided I would post this morning and ask everyone to knock it off.soSTOP IT !!Now go start a pissing contest thread somewhere else, thank you.

#34 4RHUNTS

4RHUNTS

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

Funny, last night I decided I would post this morning and ask everyone to knock it off.soSTOP IT !!Now go start a pissing contest thread somewhere else, thank you.

Sorry :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: I should not have walked all over your thread. :roflmao3[1]: I should have started my own thread :roflmao3[1]: on the unrelated topic. You are right. SO the answer is...don't get those high cap mags cuz a "Barney" may be just around the corner!!

#35 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:11 AM

There's much more to the story than that, and I have several other stories to go along with it (including an encounter with a certain forest ranger that I went to court for and won). I'm going to refrain from posting them here because I'm sure not everyone wants to hear them. If anyone does want to hear them, or thinks I'm blowing things out of proportion, I'll be happy to explain further in PM's.

No pissing match here...

#36 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,681 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:18 AM

We have better things to argue about. Like which caliber is better. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#37 Bayslayer

Bayslayer

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

I was under the impression if you own a pre-ban AR-15 then you can still use the Hi Cap mags but if your AR-15 is Post Ban then theres no reason for you to own the Hi Cap mags because your mag should be pinned so they would be illegal to own or use.

#38 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:51 AM

Mags that hold more than 10 rounds in any centerfire semi-auto rifle are not allowed. The way I understand it, not even the registered pre-ban AR-15 with removable magazines are allowed to have more than 10 round capacity (but I may be wrong on that specific statement).Now, a handgun is a different story. You are allowed to have more than 10 rounds in your handgun if you owned that clip before the ban. It would be the officer's responsibility to prove that you didn't own that clip prior to the ban.

#39 fiveflat

fiveflat

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

wow - didn't realize how old this thread was...

#40 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:14 PM

I don't know how I missed it either just kinda took off it seems.

#41 rr762mmfmj

rr762mmfmj

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

Ahhh, The plan was to use a couple of 30 round mags for a M-16 that I had kicking around back in NY. The bottom line is that I called my dad and told him to toss them in the trash, done. Ain't worth the effort.

#42 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:33 PM

OK, Im ready. I drank lots of water.....Where do I go....?

#43 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

Mags that hold more than 10 rounds in any centerfire semi-auto rifle are not allowed. The way I understand it, not even the registered pre-ban AR-15 with removable magazines are allowed to have more than 10 round capacity (but I may be wrong on that specific statement).Now, a handgun is a different story. You are allowed to have more than 10 rounds in your handgun if you owned that clip before the ban. It would be the officer's responsibility to prove that you didn't own that clip prior to the ban.

My understanding as well. I happen to own a couple 15rd mags from a Ruger P85 I bought back in 92. I have the paperwork right here in my office showing the purchase. :) It sure is nice shooting 15rd mags at the in-door range. My friend gives me that look :roflmao3[1]: cause we share a lane and take turns after each mag. When I bring the P85, I get 50% more shooting in than he does. :roflmao3[1]: :roflmao3[1]:

#44 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

Quick question for the LEO's Do you take an oath to uphold the law, if so and i assume the answer is yes, Then why do you arrest law abiding citizens for carrying arms when the Bill of rights states "own and bear" which to me supercedes the state law of California . So which is it the law of the country or the law of California. And I'm not trying to be insulting but how do you come to terms with that conflict, Is it assumed that the carrier is atomaticly wrong . I don't know but that is why I am not in law enforcement. I admire those that are and recognize thier service with discounts, but I don't envy those who need to make those diccisions every day.

#45 moontiger

moontiger

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I am a tattoo artist , and a navy vet, my kids and my wife are my world . I am just now getting back into hunting , but have been an avid shooter all my life.

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:41 AM

Sorry Got upset and didn't read entire post before opening the my big mouth, :yikes[1]: :drool: :drool: :pirashoot:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users