7 replies to this topic

#1 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:26 AM

I just called Black Hills and asked why all the web retailers have their 223 40gr Nosler Ballistic Tips on backorder. The answer: They stopped making them a few months ago because they were having a hard time obtaining bullets from Nosler. The new line of Black Hills 223 varmint ammo will use 40gr V-Max bullets and is included in their 2006 catolog. Well, there goes my pet load for my 223! Dang! That stuff was zippin at 3600 pfs and was super accurate! I hope I can get some of the new 40gr V-max ammo to test and order before Cedarville! :lol:

#2 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:36 AM

Ben They've made them w/v-max 40's on special order for a long time. If you can't find some I'm sure I can get you a few boxes to play with. My buddy buys them by the truckload almost. Dale
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#3 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:38 AM

BH said Cabelas has them but probably not in their catolog. I'm trying to find out right now.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,216 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:48 AM

Ben, you'll like the V-Max's more, they have a slightly thinner jacket and are more explosive. :lol:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:56 AM

I'd prefer the V-max bullets for sure over the NBTs. But I can't find the new 40 V-Max anywhere. I just spoke with Cabela's and Midway. Neither one knows anything about it, and they say they don't have any. But Black Hills told me 10 minutes ago that they ARE currently shipping and have been shipping it to both Cabela's and Midway. ???bzzrd feedr, where does your buddy purchase his 40gr Black Hills ammo from?

#6 bzzrd feedr

bzzrd feedr

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Snow Skiing and RV'ing.

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

Ben He buys them thru a local gun shop but it's a special order and they buy like 4000rds at a time. If you want I'll get you a few boxes, not a problem. I'll call him. Dale
Life Member DU, NRA, VHA,CWA, and The OF's of America.

#7 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:16 AM

Dale, I'm working on a special order of my own. I'll know if this will work by the end of next week. Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it if this doesn't work out.

#8 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:18 AM

Well, I got Cabela's Shooting/Reloading catolog in the mail on Saturday, and guess what they have listed? Yup. Black Hills remanufactured 40gr V-Max ammo. So I checked the Cabela's web site. It's not listed. So I called customer service again. They still claim that they do NOT carry it and they don't know when they will, but try back in a few months... I pointed out that the product is listed in their catolog. Wha...... The left hand knows not what the right hand doeth. Oh well, I just bought a reloading press anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users