Photo

Knives, what do you use most...

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Knives... (49 member(s) have cast votes)

What's you favorite type?

1. Belt knife (15 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Folding hunter (23 votes [38.33%])

Percentage of vote: 38.33%

3. Pocket knife (22 votes [36.67%])

Percentage of vote: 36.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:42 AM

I carry a Victorinox mechanic in my pocket and use it almost daily. It has a couple blades, can opener, sewing awl, screw drivers, and most importantly needle nose pliers. I use the pliers all the time. They are not as big as a multitool pliers but it all fits in my pocket. Works great for getting hooks out of fish too. When I go hunting I also take a US Navy Mark III Tactical Knife. It is one of the most solid knives I've ever held. The sheeth is a hard tacticle plastic. The handle is metal. It is heavy and truly a robust weapon. My uncle gave it to me. He had gotten from a SEAL buddy. I could bang a rock on it and use it as an Ax if I had to.For skinning I have a folding knife I got from a fur catalogue. It works pretty good. I use it only for skinning. I can't remember the brand but it works pretty good.

#32 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

Mine is a Chris Reeve :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: http://www.chrisreeve.com/My wife Sharon in a piece of ivoryHe helped to put me in touch with Gaetan Beauchamp to do the Scrimshaw work http://www.gbeauchamp.ca/I wanted something I can use every day and hand down to our first childAttached File  Knife.jpg   56.28KB   59 downloads

#33 BUCKFEVER

BUCKFEVER

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:55 AM

I CARRY A SOG TWITCH II. THAT THING KEEPS AN EDGE BETTER THAN ANY KNIFE IVE EVER HAD AND ITS A BREEZE TO SHARPEN.

#34 Inoculation

Inoculation

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

I carry a Kershaw Blur with a serrated tonto blade.

#35 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

For a lot of years I used whatever sharp knife I had available...that's the main thing, you need a sharp knife. I had an old folding Case I used a lot.This last year I started using a Havalon. It comes with disposable scalpels...worked out nice.http://www.havalon.com/xt-22tr.html

#36 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

I have about 4 in the back pack and three in the fanny pack and take a belt knife and pocket with me when I go for game. But I like my kershaw blade changer thing cant think of the model, fellit and bone and skinning knife in the kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users