2 replies to this topic

#1 ducefour

ducefour

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:15 AM

just bought a scope and it said the paalax is set for 100 yards???what does this mean...does it mean it's been scoped in for 100 yards..im puting it on a .22 mag and want to scope it out for 100 yards so does this mean i dnt have to scope it out...help

#2 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:23 AM

It means the scope you bought is set to be paralax free at 100 yards. When you look through the scope at a target 100 yards away and move your eye slightly(so as to not be looking exactly through the center of the scope) the reticle stays in place on the target regardless of your eye movement as long as the rifle is steady. At distances greater or less than 100 yards the reticle may appear to move off target when you move your eyes (not looking exactly through the center of the scope) which will reduce accuracy. Just line up carefully, looking through the center of the scope, at all distances and your fixed 100 yd paralax (free) scope should work just fine.It has nothing to do with sighting in. You can sight in for any distance but the scope will only be totally paralax free at 100 yards.
Mountain coyotes have more fur.

#3 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:30 PM

A good read regarding parallax.http://www.6mmbr.com/parallax.html
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users