• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

Since most of us are using electronic callers, I was wondering if anyone else thinks it would be a good idea to start a sound library of sorts? I know I have a few sounds on CD that I also downloaded onto my computer. It would be nice to get members to share their sound files through a file sharing program and maybe compose a list of available sounds. Probably would need to keep it hush-hush to anyone other than members so it doesn't look like we're trying to widely distribute copyrighted material. But if people can do it on Napster, Limewire, etc. why not here? :doh[1]:

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:37 PM

I sure don't think it is a good idea to trade copyrighted material. First of all, you put yourself at risk. Some on napster, etc, have been taken to court. None of us what that, because you are then a felon and can't own guns. And I don't think it is cool to put John and his forum at risk. Just my opinion.

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:40 PM

...you are then a felon and can't own guns. And I don't think it is cool to put John and his forum at risk. Just my opinion.

True. I didn't really look at it that way.

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:26 AM

We can share calls that we make ourselves. I know Varmint Al posts a bunch up on his website. In fact, I use a lot of his, along with ehd's, and ones that I have made myself. Those are not copyrighted in any way.Darren

#5 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:25 AM

Yep, I use Varmint Al's also, and a few others from around the web.

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

If the sounds are copyrighted then they won't be redistributed here. Anything that one of the members records and then gives the ok to distribute would be ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users