• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

Its the one gun Ive wanted since I was a kid...Just one of those things when your a kid and say, Im going to get one of thosewhen I grow up...Well I dont know about growing up... But I can buy it...

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#32 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:52 PM

yep, fine looking gun. And SA is a great company.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#33 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

I like the Springfields. Does anybody here have an XD? I'd love to hear some feedback from somebody that actually owns one.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#34 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Interests:Im an art major at Folsom Lake College. So I spend a lot of my time drawing. And if I have time, I shoot then sleep. ( In that order)<br />I picked up a tattoo machine almost 2 years ago..<br />Its scary as hell, but its fun at the same time..

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

I love the xd....the most accurate hund gun I have shot.It is the 4 inch 45....At first I thought it was going to be another plastic gun..But nope... Its a great gun....

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius.

#35 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:04 PM

Very Very nice Quade you did well.It looks like the full size to me in the pic.

#36 Red Dog

Red Dog

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:51 PM

I've been looking at the Kimber's Ultra Carry II in .45acp or better yet the Ultra CDP II. I like the design and reliability of the 1911'a but wanted something small enough to carry concealed. I think either Kimber will fit the bill perfectly.

I have the Kimber Pro Carry II .45 acp that I upgraded with night sights and wood grips. I love it.

#37 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

I shot that gun today it was different then my full size that's for sure. It had more felt recoil and more muzzle jump once I figured out how it shot I got better with it.The lever to release the slide sucks its to short hard to grip it with my thumb .

#38 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

Very Very nice Quade you did well.It looks like the full size to me in the pic.

Yes it is... :D

#39 meangreen75

meangreen75

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Dirtbiking, and Flying

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:03 AM

I like the Springfields. Does anybody here have an XD? I'd love to hear some feedback from somebody that actually owns one.

I've got a Springfield XD Tactical .40 and I love it. It's has a 5" slide and it handles the 155 grain ammo I shoot flawlessly. I also shoot IPSC and tried some 180 grain Winchester and it shot amazingly fast and accurate. As far as handling I'd say it's one of the best feeling guns I've shot. I shoot handguns a lot and it ranks in the top 2. I bought a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight for it and it really helped with the sight acquisiton on target. I not a fan of Glock due to the back strap angle. The XD has a 1911 designed backstrap that feels natural. I put some grip tape on the sides of the grip and that helped with the quick draw part of IPSC.Overall I'd recommend this gun to everyone. Once you shoot one, you'll have to have one.Doug

#40 Quade

Quade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

Once you shoot one, you'll have to have one.

Very true..

#41 acousticmood

acousticmood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

I've got a Springfield XD Tactical .40 and I love it. It's has a 5" slide and it handles the 155 grain ammo I shoot flawlessly. I also shoot IPSC and tried some 180 grain Winchester and it shot amazingly fast and accurate. As far as handling I'd say it's one of the best feeling guns I've shot. I shoot handguns a lot and it ranks in the top 2. I bought a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight for it and it really helped with the sight acquisiton on target. I not a fan of Glock due to the back strap angle. The XD has a 1911 designed backstrap that feels natural. I put some grip tape on the sides of the grip and that helped with the quick draw part of IPSC.Overall I'd recommend this gun to everyone. Once you shoot one, you'll have to have one.Doug

+1 - I've got the same package and I love it - I've run close to 500 rounds through it with out a single FTF or FTE. Wish all my autos were this reliable.

#42 Robairto

Robairto

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:11 PM

Yes you might say I own a few 1911's and owned double what I currently have as of last yr.. I like Colts,Les Baer,Springfield.. There are other that very good as well.

#43 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:27 PM

I would love to see Springfield release an XD-45 subcompact. I may end up getting an XD-45 in the compact version since it's about $400 cheaper than the Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II. I also like that it comes with a polymer holster and magazine holder plus an extended clip for target shooting. I shot the compact model XD-40 and XD-9 at the local gun shop and both were very smooth.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#44 harry carey

harry carey

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

1911's- i have owned at least fifty of these. the worst were Springfield !!! the best... Wilson, Clark, Ed Brown, Les Baer, Colt. Kimber (19 of them ) . the guy who complained about Kimber metal is interesting. when Jerico made Wilson, Kimber and others it was the same metal !!!! fixed sights ARE sintered metal as well as some of the grip safeties and the mainspring housings on some are plastic, I replace these parts. the nicest thang about 1911s is you can improve them, call Brownells and upgrade it. when the fiddlers in the symphony play plastic fiddles, i will have a plastic gun.

#45 ECVMatt

ECVMatt

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

I have a 5" XD .45 and love it. I shoots great, the mags are solid, and it is accurate. I want to get one of the compact models next. I also have Springfield TRP 1911 and it kicks ass. I tried a few different 1911's until I settled on the TRP. It is one of my favorite handguns.I missed buying a Delta Elite when I was younger and living in TX. The guy who had it carried it on his ranch most days. He traded up to a .44 Blackhawk and wanted to dump the Colt. I shot it, but was confounded by the slide movement and the empties flinging out. I passed and stuck with my Redhawk. I really wish I was a bit more knowledgeable in my youth. I would really love to have that 10mm now. I do have a Glock 20 and have had really good luck with it. I makes a dandy ranch pistol and I have taken some hogs and slew of varmints with it. I wish the XD came in 10mm, I would buy one of those in a heart beat.Matt
Credo Quia Absurdum!ECV 395

#46 harry carey

harry carey

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

get a S&W 610 10mm revolver . you can shoot 10mm and 40 S&W in it .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users