• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:21 AM

Didn't someone on here hunt off a mountain bike with a homemade trailer? :lol: I've searched without luck, but I could've sworn there was a post on here somewhere about how the trailer was built. :)
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

Wes, I remember it but can't seem to find it. I think it was inside another post. I'll keep looking too.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:36 AM

Found it!!!http://www.californi...d...20&hl=hitch
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#4 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:52 PM

that's classic! first I've seen that...I could sure use something like that
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#5 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • Interests:Target shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Fishing, Camping

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

Glad you found it Wes. No blue print on these one. I figured it all out in my head. :roflmao3[1]:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#6 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

It's hard to tell from the pics, but what did you use for the joint at the front of the trailer?

#7 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,787 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

Nice looking rig. I don't remember seeing that post before.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#8 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

Which joint your refering to Wes? You mean the universal joint. It's a 5/8" bored U-joint that's readily available at your local Granger Industrial Supplies. I tapped both bore end with half inch standard thread tap. The attachment on the bike seat post had a half inch bolt welded on the end part where the u-joint is to be attached and locked in place using a half inch nut. The goose neck is attached via the same method but the half inch bolt is not welded. Actually I just drilled a slightly larger than half inch hole and slip the bolt in place and threaded the same way to the u-joint and lock in place using half inch nut. This is the best way to couple the trailer to the bike in my opinion to amount for all the lateral, vertical, side to side twisting and turning movements of both the bike and the trailer, and their pretty solid to boot. My friend shot a very large blackbear and carried it 8 miles out with one of these trailer so I know it can handle at least 250 lbs of load. Hope this will help. DFPosted Image
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:26 PM

You building one, Wes???

#10 SAGITARUS

SAGITARUS

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:many lots of sport hobbies, such as mtn biking, snorkeling, surf fishing,hiking, and most recently, archery.

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:49 AM

Have you guys SEEN this product:http://www.bobtraile...p?product_id=11I've thought about hunting using a mountain bike to my nearby Natl. forest mountain trails....just take my portable handheld ham radio and cellphone with solar battery charger

#11 Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

If that's all you're going to carry, you don't really need a trailer. Mine is designed to haul camping gears, supplies and game out. I've seen those trailer being abandoned on the trail where we hunt. They just not built for heavy use.

#12 Robairto

Robairto

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:56 AM

A windsurfing base will work quite good as well. They offer a complete range of movement with light weight and ultra durability.Posted Image

#13 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

I have a mountain bike and trailer but it's NOT home made.

#14 JimT.

JimT.

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

http://www.bobtraile...p?product_id=11This is the one I have!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users