4 replies to this topic

#1 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

Ok the Scorpion is smaller. has 100 sounds, but can only be used by the remote. Im thinking 5x3, any thoughts ? I still aint paid the $$$ yet ? Please let me know your thoughts..

#2 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

Well, I personally would not want a call that can only be operated by a remote. Granted, I also would not want an e caller without a remote either.Anyway, the reason is that on occasion I've had to operate my foxpro right beside me. It would have been a real pain in the rrr's if I could only make it work with a remote. A real pain!I guess it just doesn't make it very practical (to work by remote only)... to me at leastGood Luck in Your DecisionFrank

#3 HippyDrome

HippyDrome

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:36 AM

Hi,I really like my Scorpion because it fits into my pocket and came with 100 sounds and is 200 buck cheaper than the FX5. First time i used it I had a yote come in. I was worried aboutthe size of the sound but once I got out in the field it was plenty of volume for calling.cheers,HippyDrome

#4 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

Well, what has me thinking along the same way as Frank, is that you are at the Mercy of a remote with the Scorpion. If the Remote fails, it wont work. Thats why Ive been considering the FX5. No extra speaker to carry, and the ability to use without a remote. Please let me know your thoughts as well, Im interested in finding the best caller for the $$$$$

#5 ehd

ehd

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Interests:Predator hunting ,and hog hunting with my dogs.

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

Dont forget the Minaska!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users