• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chris M

Chris M

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Camping, Cars & Trucks, Audio/Video, Computers.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:12 PM

I've searched the forums here, and on a couple other sites, but can't find any info on the adjustable Poly-Choke.I just bought my first shotgun, a Remington Express 3" 12ga, and would like to get some feedback on this Poly-Choke before buying any other chokes for the gun.Poly-Choke WebsiteI asked this question on another forum, and so far have got nothing but "Its ugly" comments. I'm not one for making things 'pretty'. As long as it functions as it should, it's well-made & reliable, and it doesn't get in the way, I like it.If you have any experience with the Poly-Choke - Good, or Bad - please let me know. I'm pretty much just starting to get into hunting, and have had not one hand-me-down. So I can't be just throwing my money at something that might work.Thanks in advance.

#2 goldenarrow

goldenarrow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:22 PM

I have a couple of customers that have them and love em especialy in sporting clays cause they can make changes without changing the chokes out . :harhar1[1]:

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

I don't know anything about it but it looks interesting. I'll be interested in seeing what anyone has to say about it.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#4 Chris M

Chris M

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Camping, Cars & Trucks, Audio/Video, Computers.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

I found the following review by simply googling "Poly-Choke Review"http://www.shotgunwo...s_polychoke.htmThe person that tested the device speaks very highly of it...but he received it for free, and may have had a motive ($$$) in giving it such a good review.

#5 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:34 PM

I read the reviews on Cabelas...according to those, the people's that worked liked them, and others not so much.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:06 PM

I have an old western field pump that has one on it and I don't care for it. It's nice to have so much versatility instantly available but that big bulge at the end of the barrel distracts me and in turn my shooting suffers, especialy when pass shooting birds like dove, pigeons, and crow.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:20 PM

I have one on my first shotgun I got in the early 70's. It came stock on the weapon. I still have the gun today. I wish they came stock on the new shotguns. You have to jump through hoops to fiddle with inserts and extra chokes nowadays, but I guess that's how manufacturers make extra money - Selling items as accessories that use to be stock items.I hunted everything from pheasant , dove and quail, to waterfowl. It is a great gun.db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users