#1 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:52 PM

Do any CPC members own a Cabela's Alaskan guide scopes? They're prices are pretty good.

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:20 PM

I don't have an alaskan but I have one of thier pine ridge scopes and for the price, I really like it.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#3 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

That's help full. I'm thinking about their Alaskan Guide "Premium" 4x12x40MM or Alaskan Guide 30MM 3x12x52MM,or a Bushnell 2.5 x10x40MM. All for new Rock River Coyote upper I'm putting on my Colt AR-15. Premium is $309.00 30MM is $269 and comes with Leupold 300MM rings. Bushnell is $335 and would get here in 2 days. I want a scope I can take a close shot with and a 250 yard shot also. With Cabalas if I don't like it I can send it back.

#4 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

You wont be dissapointed with the scope from cabelas. I dont have one but have used one and was very impressed. I would definatley compare it to the Luepold in brightness, and clarity. All said Its a very good scope for the money.

#5 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

I don't have an alaskan but I have one of thier pine ridge scopes and for the price, I really like it.

Wait a minute. When did you get one of the Pine Ridge scopes??? :signgreatreport3kg: I've got a Pine Ridge also. I like it.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#6 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:15 AM

Has any one checked out the prices at the "Optic Zone" ? They beat them all?

#7 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:12 PM

Wait a minute. When did you get one of the Pine Ridge scopes??? :) I've got a Pine Ridge also. I like it.

That side focus scope that I put on my .17 remington is a pine ridge.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#8 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

The 1 scope I own that is not Leopold is a Cablea's. Great optics, they are both crystal clear and tuff. I would recommend them.. I have it on my 17HMR

#9 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:36 PM

Comogoast which Cabela's scope do you own?

#10 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:49 PM

That side focus scope that I put on my .17 remington is a pine ridge.

That would explain it... I haven't seen your .17rem yet. Surprised you went with an AO scope on it though.
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#11 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:13 PM

We have AO scopes on just about all of our guns Lil'Shooter has a non-AO on one of hers. The advantage with an AO scope is that you don't have to use the AO feature if you don't want to. If you need it and don't have it, too bad.It's like two wheel drive vs four wheel. If you don't need the four wheel drive most of the time, you don't have to engage it. But if you get stuck, it's nice to have it.db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#12 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:28 AM

Ironworker, I'll have to get back to you on that one. Let me pull her out of the safe tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users